• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting the fastback painted

66gt350

Well, there is going to be a silver lining to getting hit in my work's parking lot, see this thread. The other guys insurance cut a check and I dropped the money off at the body shop today. And they didn't question the estimate, so no haggling over details. That's a load off my mind. Knowing my luck, they would have wanted to total it out...

So, while the car is there, I'm going to at last get her out of the "redneck stage" and have the whole car painted. Now, the hard part...it's going to be at the shop for at least 3-4 months (probably more), and finally deciding on a color. The interior has been covered by a PO with a saddle tan material, that ain't coming off very easy, so they interior color is set. I'm thinking of either a metallic burgundy or a deep candy apple/wineberry red.

So, many decisions....

Sounds like a nice color combo. You thinking of using a modern manufacturer color? If so, I suggest finding some examples and taking the time to view them in as many lighting situations as possible. Colors tend to change appearance from morning to night. Sunlight to street light, etc.

Honda Gold Wings had a real sharp wineberry paint in 1987. A based of silver with a candy topping.....real sharp.

Back