• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Going for a swim!

daveSanborn

I'm not sure if I shared this here with you all.....

On the 4th of July weekend we were heading out to one of the outer banks islands with some friends in their boat. I was a happy camper as my boat was home and I didn't have crap to worry about. I popped my first beer of the day as I stepped onto the boat at the launch. By the time we were getting close to our destination I was getting hot and the water was beautiful. I downed the rest of my third beer, glanced at the depthfinder and then ran and jumped off the back of the boat. I could have sworn the depthfinder read 2.3 feet, but it was more like 23 feet deep. No biggy, I'm a good swimmer and the island wasn't that far away.... well at least it didn't look that far away when I was in the boat..... my buddy swung the boat back around to check on me, but I didn't want to puss out and climb back in the boat, so I continued to swim for what seemed like an eternity, the whole time repeating to myself that I would not be a 4th of July statistic.

By the time I got ashore... I was able to wade in shallow waters for the last 75 yards or so, but the swim was probably closer to 400 yards... I was dead tired and definitley ready for another beer and a smoke.

Had I known then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have exited the boat so far from shore.... the link is a local headline in the exact area where I jumped overboard. Play the video linked within the news story.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/53715627.html#

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Isn't this your home area?
And you don't know that sharks frequent there?

You a lucky boy. :cool

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I'm sure any shark would immediately vacate the area, knowing the famous DS is impinging on their area....sorta like Chuck Norris.

Anyone here think DS would taste good to a shark? Not a chance!

AzPete

Hmmmmm, fresh red meat and all ready marinated and lightly cooked......a shark may like that....

"Chance of dying in a shark attack, 1 in 3.7 million"........hell Dave, you could have swam BACk home and still been OK....

daveSanborn

Of course I knew that there were sharks in the area. What I didn't realize was that I was jumping into a freakin' herd of them!

beach pony

Drunkfest Coordinator
Donator
"daveSanborn" said:
Of course I knew that there were sharks in the area. What I didn't realize was that I was jumping into a freakin' herd of them!

Doofus. :doh