• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GOOD OLD WILL ROGERS

carlizard

Never squat with your spurs on

Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash,

was one of the greatest political sages this country has ever known.

Some of his sage advice:

1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.

2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.

3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.

4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.

5. Always drink upstream from the herd.

6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.

8. There are three kinds of men:

The ones that learn by reading.

The few who learn by observation.

The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.

9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

10. If you're riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then
to make sure it's still there.

11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.
He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

ABOUT GROWING OLDER...

First
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age
and start bragging about it.

Second
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Third
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

Fourth
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

Fifth

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Sixth

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

Seventh

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it's such a
nice change from being young.

Eighth

One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.

Ninth
Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Tenth
Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft.
Today it's called golf.

And, finally
If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.

You just know there are a bunch of folks here who will not know who you are talking about.

You just know there are a bunch of folks here who will not know who you are talking about.

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP:

1. Will Rogers
    Humorist
  2. William Penn Adair "Will" Rogers was an American cowboy, vaudeville performer, humorist, social commentator and motion picture actor. He was one of the world's best-known celebrities in the 1920s and 1930s. Wikipedia
  3. Born: November 4, 1879, Oologah, OK
  4. Died: August 15, 1935, Point Barrow, AK
  5. Children: Will Rogers, Jr., Jimmy Rogers, Fred Rogers, Mary Rogers
  6. Books: The papers of Will Rogers, Will Rogers speaks,More

What about his cousin Buck and nephew Roy and Mr?:rolleyes::D

And what about Amerie Rogers, American singer, Barney Rogers, Zimbabwean cricketer, Bernard Rogers, American composer, Bernard W. Rogers, retired American general, B. H. "Johnny" Rogers, American politician, Big Bubba Rogers, American wrestler Ray Traylor, Bill Rogers (golfer), Bo Rogers, American football player, Bobby Rogers, American Motown singer/songwriter, member of The Miracles, Brandon Rogers (singer), American singer and American Idol finalist, Brittany Rogers, Canadian Olympic gymnast, Brittney Rogers, American beauty queen, Bruce Rogers (broadcaster), Canadian broadcaster, Bruce Rogers (typographer), Bruce Holland Rogers, American writer, Buddy Rogers, one of several people, and Byron Rogers (author), Welsh essayist and biographer. To name just a few of the “B” Rogers who must all be cousins.

and let us not forget Paul Rodgers of Bad Company. He added the "D" so as not to acquire fame from his father.

We have listed Famous People Who Have a First Name for a Last Name, but what about the ones with the first name of Roger? My favorite would be Roger Staubach.

and let us not forget Paul Rodgers of Bad Company. He added the "D" so as not to acquire fame from his father.
Can you supply a reference to this statement? I've googled Paul Rodgers and Paul Rogers and came up with nothing about his father, unless he was a famous tattooist.

Can you supply a reference to this statement? I've googled Paul Rodgers and Paul Rogers and came up with nothing about his father, unless he was a famous tattooist.

I heard KMart has a blue light special on new "sense of humors", maybe you should make a trip.

Appreciating subtlety is not one of my specialties. Humble apologies.

And what about Amerie Rogers, American singer, Barney Rogers, Zimbabwean cricketer, Bernard Rogers, American composer, Bernard W. Rogers, retired American general, B. H. "Johnny" Rogers, American politician, Big Bubba Rogers, American wrestler Ray Traylor, Bill Rogers (golfer), Bo Rogers, American football player, Bobby Rogers, American Motown singer/songwriter, member of The Miracles, Brandon Rogers (singer), American singer and American Idol finalist, Brittany Rogers, Canadian Olympic gymnast, Brittney Rogers, American beauty queen, Bruce Rogers (broadcaster), Canadian broadcaster, Bruce Rogers (typographer), Bruce Holland Rogers, American writer, Buddy Rogers, one of several people, and Byron Rogers (author), Welsh essayist and biographer. To name just a few of the “B” Rogers who must all be cousins.

Never heard of 'em.:rolleyes:

Back