• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GOOP

midpack

I don't know if there's a better all around adhesive than this stuff...

I have an original dash I pulled off one of my parts cars that's in pretty good shape, considering... only real problem was one of the studs had pulled out (DS end) and another was half way (PS end). well I spread a little of this stuff on the one that had come out and used the end of a Q-tip (no cotton on it) to get some in the crack where the other stud was pulling out. Lightly clamping them in place so I didn't mark the vinyl of the dash, left overnight and checked it this morning. The studs are as solid as the original ones near the center of the dash!

I've used this stuff to hold shoes together, kids school backpacks, motorcycle (dirtbike) seat repair, and a whole lot of other stuff...

I haven't found anything this stuff won't stick to yet....

You and my dad should hang out. He swears by goop. Loves it to no end. I've always got a tube around the house for general repairs.

At the 45th I bought a dash fro Fast Freddie and got it home to find one of the studs completely pulled out and gone. I just pulled the stud out of my old dash, and used some 5 minute epoxy to hold the old stud in the new dash. Worked perfect. Didn't even think about GOOP...I'm sure it would have worked just as well.

Steve
(Hmm...I wonder if GOOP makes T-Shirts or Hats or anything. I bet my dad would love one for christmas)

OMG, I think are Dads are related, mine also loves and swears by the stuff. He used to use it so often it turned into a family joke. Whenever something needed fix'n we always piped up to use GOOP........matter of fact, we still say it :lol :lol

Super Glue works for those studs also. I knocked one of the studs off of my dash pad when I first bought it and Super Glued it. That was back in '98 and it's still holding.

That is funny! My Dad also swears by the stuff! It also had become a family joke. When in doubt, GOOP it. I've weened him off the GOOP by showing him some of the more industrial adhesives used for automotive.

Back