• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got my first social security di deposit today.

Flysure1

I am officially retired (early)I am not bragging--I have had social security paid in on me since 1973--(not a lot the first 2 years because I was still in high school) I have had 13 under anesthesia operations over my lifetime--the heart bypass zapped me pretty good, selling cars was getting to be tough, I could in no way do the physical part of driving a mixer again--some will call it welfare--if all had my work record ss would be flourishing. I must have had a pretty good case, I was approved even before the 5 month required waiting period. That was without a attorney and 2 visits to their doctors, no denials--that puts me in the 20 % group, not a lot of money but I can draw my small teamster pension early at 57-(11-1) this year--the total will near equal car sales when you figure the cost of fuel--and meals and other expenses at the dealership. I am full time Mr. mom for sure now.

Good for you!

I had to retire early, but no SS yet. I will wait until I am in a position where I can't work. You can work on your health and there are lots of good things to experience as Mr. Mom! Like fishing and trips with the kids to the lake!

Mel

Congrats sort of :mark

When I get home I will start working on your photoshop apron...

fd

Back