• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got the carpet in & finished. (pics)

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Excuse the weights in the pictures - they just really helped to hold the carpet from moving much when I was stretching it to fit the contours/curves (a.k.a. using a BFH to fit it) - which turned out super nice. I'm happy with it.

I also installed the standard underlayment on top of my R-Blox sound deadener. I spray glued it down lightly.
26_05_02_09_10_52_26_0.JPG

26_05_02_09_10_52_26_1.JPG

26_05_02_09_10_52_27_2.JPG

26_05_02_09_10_52_27_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the point where the carpet can finally be installed. Although it's a simple thing to do, it makes such a big visual impact.

Sooooo....... How's the wiring coming along?

Wiring will be coming along as well. I'm in the process of doing my autometer conversion to my cluster in the house. I do too much sh*t at once I am realizing.

I need to just clean up the existing wiring so it doesn't look as bad. The loom of new wires are basically spares - with a few being used: Tack, relay power, etc.

The lower dash has been blasted & refinished. It's hanging from bungee cords waiting to be installed. I was just waiting to finish carpet before I put that back in. Then starts the wiring portion.

And what all is involved with removing that old steering wheel?

And what all is involved with removing that old steering wheel?

Usually.... you'll just need to pop the horn button off, remove the large nut holding the wheel onto the shaft and then use a wheel puller to seperate the wheel from the shaft.

Or, you can remove the big nut and pull like hell and when it gives way it will knock your lower teeth out. Ask me how I know. :cry

That's EXCITING! I know how you must feel, just seeing the carpet in, all new, the new smell! I set my used (new to me) seats in my Mustang, and it's going to be months before I actually bolt them up permanently! You're achievements are great!! Well done! :bow
dne'

I'm anxious to get the seats put back in. But I'm waiting until the dash is back in & I get the doors back on. Just one less obtrusion to work around.

Looking fine!
What's the story on the R-Blox?
I assume it's like Dynamat?
Is it cheaper/better/stronger/lighter/able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

It's cheaper - on eBay only though. On the R-blox website it's super expensive.

And from what I gathered in my research, they are comparable products, when compared to Dynamat, fatmat, etc.

It's fairly heavy stuff too. Pretty dense.

Back