• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got this offered for my 67 FB

Fst Blk

Pretty slick t-top gt with some tasteful mods. Cammed 5.0 5-speed car.

facebook_1989321035jpg_zps1002f435.jpg

facebook_1179387677jpg_zpsf7596635.jpg

facebook_1202341403jpg_zps3fa9a40a.jpg

What do you guys think. I said 2500 boot for the pile in my garage lol... to buy some time to think.

Bill

IIRC, you have turned down $6,000 for 67? That would put the "value" of the Fox at $3,500 or so... If my thinking is right, a $3,500 car and $2,500 cash would be like the $6,000 offer. If the Fox is worth more then that's a tuff call. The 67 will be worth much more in the long run and much cooler (IMHO) but man that is a sweet Fox body...

Very true. He's asking $6500 for the fox. He told me he's got $7500 in it. From the looks of it, I don't doubt him.

Bill

"Fst Blk" said:
Very true. He's asking $6500 for the fox. He told me he's got $7500 in it. From the looks of it, I don't doubt him.

Bill
that sounds about right. I was gonna guess it would be worth $6K or more

And the trade was just for the FB shell, not the engine parts and other stuff I have collected.

Bill

"Fst Blk" said:
And the trade was just for the FB shell, not the engine parts and other stuff I have collected.

Bill
whoa, really?!? wow. Man that's something to think about...

Yes....something to really think about. Tired of the build....looking for something to drive....hard decision if your mind is not leaning one direction or the other.

"AzPete" said:
Yes....something to really think about. Tired of the build....looking for something to drive....hard decision if your mind is not leaning one direction or the other.

I think your reading my mind. Biggest thing is we're thinking about buying a new house, and it doesn't have a big garage. Just a two car big enough for two cars lol. I'd have to build a shop and that takes time and money from the project...

Bill

"Fast68back" said:
One will go up in value, the other wont...
Yeah... that shell wont go up in value...

That looks like a nice clean Fox. Are those SVO wheels on it? I love driving my Notch. Tons of readily available (inexpensive) mods out there for them

Tough one. Long term the FB is worth keeping. If your bored with the restoration then trade. Come to think about it I paid 4k for just a hull. No engine, no hood, no interior, no suspension and so on. For what I wanted it was perfect. It did make one fine car though when finished though.

I told him I might consider 2k in street value on parts. He already offered a tremec 3550 tranny and another 5-lug rear.

Bill

"midpack" said:
Yeah... that shell wont go up in value...
Yes it will. Dynacorn or not, a real shell only gets rarer and rarer as the calendar turns.

What a dilemma you are in. Now, if someone offered one of these for your FB, I'd be all over it.

38007260922_large.jpg

"Fst Blk" said:
So, you guys don't think I'm crazy for considering this???

Bill
I do.

I totally get the I want one to drive deal. You know how my project has sat for too long now. I solved it by buying another and keeping my old one. I sold my last classic a long time ago and regretted it ever since. I was lucky to get the one I have now. I'll not make that mistake again. Just my thoughts. You need to do what's right for you.

IMHO, yeah I'd say you're crazy. I think you'd seriously regret getting rid of the fastback. The Fox body cars, while cool, are still pretty common and inexpensive. Your fastback isn't, even for just a shell. Also, a big thumbs DOWN in my book is the t-tops, not a plus. Yeah they're cool, until they start leaking!

I certainly don't have anything against the Fox. As a matter of fact I'm really getting the itch to have another '86 GT just like my first new car (especially after seeing one IDENTICAL to it in the June issue of Hemmings Classic Cars!). I'd say stick with the fastback and push on to seeing it complete. In the long run I think you'd be happier.

Back