• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Guess where this "upgrade".....

AzPete

.....was installed by the PO. Ya just gotta love some of the modifications. Thanks to Midlife for assistance in running parts and getting the '66 back on the road from a local intersection. We did a temporary fix so I can get the correct parts. It did cause me to miss a cruise in to the local DQ. That was bad......

Dash002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is it. This was a brass piece used by the PO for the autometer sending unit. Being that brass is brittle, it did not handle to vibration very well. About 1300 miles worth. I also had an oil leak from the front so I think it was in bad shape to begin with. I now have a galvanized piece until I locate the correct adapter to mount the sender in the factory extension.

Midlife and I also replaced the oil pan with a nice shinny one. After removing the old one, we found it to actually be in good shape. So now I have an extra. The PO loved the blue sealer so now we have real gaskets in place and no more leaks. Getting better all the time.

Compared to the original extension, it is smaller on the outside and much larger on the inside.

Back