• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headliner Install...again. Freaking mouse.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
As the title indicates, I have to install a new headliner as a mouse decided to chew through mine instead of taking one of the other 1 million paths he could have instead of ruining it. One question and appreciate any tips as well. I had already installed one (obviously) but was not sure it was done perfectly.

Should the liner wrap around and be glued to the outside of the glass opening pinch welds or just glued to the inside of them?

Plan to get this done today or tomorrow as I want to set the glass in this weekend. I'll take any tips on that project as well. It's one of the few things on these old cars I have never done before. Thanks

Make sure to wrap and glue front and back too. The person that did my 65 before I got it didn't and now I have to do it again.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

"Grabber70Mach" said:
Not sure but have you thought about the Mustangs to fear headliner?

From infinity and beyond
I am in the minority, I guess, who like the original headliner. Then again, I'm not 6'4" like my boy and don't need the headroom if affords!

"Horseplay" said:
"Grabber70Mach" said:
Not sure but have you thought about the Mustangs to fear headliner?

From infinity and beyond
I am in the minority, I guess, who like the original headliner. Then again, I'm not 6'4" like my boy and don't need the headroom if affords!

Beer Beer :beer er here here :dun

Gawd, I hope it isn't those big hairy-assed mice with fangs the size of sharks, and beady-little red eyes that stares at you, daring you to pick it up and put it in your pocket. It's probably carrying rabies and ebola virus as well.

"AzPete" said:
First step is top remove mouse and close that access.....
Mouse is long gone. This happened over the winter. In the past, I hadn't worried about a cold weather visitor too much as they had never caused any damage. That attitude is now extinct.

So my new headliner is basking in the afternoon sun right now. Plan to get it installed later today.

Question on the glass installation. I thought I knew just how I was going to go about it until I stumbled on Mr. Mustangs to Fear Youtube video. I like his method of not putting any goop in the glass groove and putting in a urethane sealer post install. Seems to be not only effective but cleaner.

Thoughts? Any other tips on glass install?

Back