• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello There!

Since I just posted some ads in the classifieds, I thought I'd finally introduce myself. Some of you old timers from the VMF may remember me as "Jim". That's primarily because I'm Jim. :shrug
I actually registered here way back in 2009 after Johnpro made me aware of it, but at that time I was starting to take somewhat of a hiatus from the Mustang to take care of other things, so this is my first post.
So, the car. It's a '65 A-code auto fastback that was completely original when I purchased it 14 years ago. I've done remarkably little to it in all those years (thanks kids). It needs a repaint, but I can't seem to get myself to cover the original paint. Along the way I've added the following:

- Handling suspension
- Front disc brakes
- Converted the auto to a T-5
- 3.80:1 Eight inch trac loc
- Borgeson Power steering system
- Roller spring perches
- Roller Idler Arm
- 2002 Cobra seats
- New carpeting (not yet installed)
- Cragar wheels and T/A Tires
- Holley 580 Avenger Carb
- Hooker Super Comp Headers
- Magniflow Exhaust
- And probably a bunch of little stuff I won't bother mentioning

I'm currently gearing up to build a new engine, and may be asking some opinions on that.
So anyway, "Hello" again to those I already know, and "Nice to Meet You" to those I don't! (Don't you guys have just an old school smiley face emoticon? LOL)

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Nice to meet you. Welcome to the party. I'm sure I speak for all when I say we'd love to see more pics of your car.

So tell us all about the Borgeson. How did the install go? What pump did you use? Most importantly, how does it drive now as compared to the original set-up? I've got one on the shelf along with a million other parts I might one day get to install (if I even keep the car) and appreciate your feedback. Not too much out there that I have found on the install in a 65/66.

OK, you pass

index.php

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
"Horseplay" said:
Nice to meet you. Welcome to the party. I'm sure I speak for all when I say we'd love to see more pics of your car.

So tell us all about the Borgeson. How did the install go? What pump did you use? Most importantly, how does it drive now as compared to the original set-up? I've got one on the shelf along with a million other parts I might one day get to install (if I even keep the car) and appreciate your feedback. Not too much out there that I have found on the install in a 65/66.

+1

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Welcome Jim. Keep in mind that milk & cookies are served after each afternoon nap to all good boy and girl members. That's the ONLY reason I hang around here :thu

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Jim! Holy cow I had forgot about you until I saw that BROWN mustang! How in the world are you?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Jeremy, I know what you mean, as I'm a pretty forgettable guy. :thu
As far as the Borgeson system some of you asked about, I'll get back to you in a couple days. I'm currently in the middle of something that may change my opinion (I'll explain later). Oh, and Dan, shut up!!! :roul

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Well I am glad to see you around, I hope to see you become an active poster here. I would like to catch up. It's been years!

"70_Fastback" said:
Well I am glad to see you around, I hope to see you become an active poster here. I would like to catch up. It's been years!

Yeah, at least 3 years! I also hope to be more active here. I've had some other things going on, and some health issues, but things are clearing up and I'm feeling a lot better, so I'm hoping to finally do some of the things I've been wanting to do on my stang.
I'll be making a post soon outlining an engine dilemma I'm facing, so hopefully you guys can give me some opinions on what to do. Right now I have to go get ready to go to the Auto Show and get my butt into a new Mustang!