• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hey I think there's a hawk under the tree...

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
...and I think it has something. Sure enough we get the binocs and there is a bird under his claws. Watch for a few minutes and they both leap up and fly very low towards the house. We thought they left but upon searching we see that the other bird is clinging to the side of our fence. The hawk returns to land on the lawn about 5 feet away. He slowly walks towards the bird which then flies straight towards our side window. There's enough tint to hide us inside so both fly right at me. The bird hits our window with a thud and the hawks veers off. The bird is alive at the base of our patio window and the hawk takes up vigilance in the cherry tree. The bird looks injured and is cowering next to our step. After a few minutes the hawk sweeps down. I was ready with the camera and was waiting trying to stay out of sight. The hawk lands on the lawn and walks over. Then pounced. In a split second I could only get one pic.....they were both gone.
Dinner!
1646434180568.png
1646434223157.png
1646434249890.png

For whatever reason, the local hawks have used the big wild cherry tree in my backyard as the spot to bring their prey and dine. We are forever been finding remains beneath the branches, encircling the trunk. Had a few large owls hanging about too. If you are fortunate enough to get up close for a good look their talons are surprisingly HUGE and deadly looking. Nature is truely metal

This guy was finishing off a roadkill possum couple days ago. We have a family of Eagles that hang around the area!

3DB589C8-3FF4-48A5-AB37-9757B17EBD48.jpeg

We've been inundated with turkeys for the last couple of weeks, in groups ranging from 10-20. They show up about 7:30 in the the morning every other day.

Attachments

• turkeys4 march 2022.jpg
    turkeys4 march 2022.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 7
Here's a better pic. It took some work to compress the file size to get it on here. This is the first year we've seen more than one male at a time- usually its just a large group of hens. You can see the five or six hens in the background and 6 males in a line. Total was around 20 this morning.
1646572769780.png

Last edited:
If they are Wild Turkey then Randy would not be interested. He likes Yukon Jack.:D

Back