• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hi from Germany

Hi Folks, I am an American who has been living in Germany since 1987. I found my 68 Coupe over here in October 2007. I repaired the rust damage, fixed up the body, put in a new headliner and carpet, and had it painted in a close approximation of the original lime-gold. I repaired whatever needed to be repaired to get it through the stringent German technical inspection and finally registered as a historical vehicle. I don't drive it in the winter, but really enjoy it in the summer. Over the last two summers I put about 6000 miles on it

I follow several Mustang forums here in Germany, in the UK, and of course in the US. I hope to learn something from you, and will of course be happy to share my experience if I can be of any help.

Dang, now we gotta send beer to Germany tomorrow.....place is gettin' expensive....

Welcome and how about some pictures.

We found a German connection for nicks E-car stuff......lol

Welcome to the dark side.

Yep, a german connection to help us track that polished turd of an E-car.

If I could find a pic of Nicks yellow turd, I'd post it and ask where it is now?

Mel

Welcome aboard Charly. That's a really pretty car you have there. Post up some more pictures in our gallery!

Welcome, we would love to hear all about your German Stang. Is it a T5 or was it imported later? Where in Germany are you? I've been a few times and have a good friend in Göttingen.

Pete, thanks for the offer but I'm all set for beer over here.
No it's not a T5, its a California import.
I have added a few photos and/or a gallery, kind of difficult to figure out, maybe I'm just too old?
I am located near Oberstdorf (sort of famous for being the location of the "agony of defeat" ski- jumper that used to be shown on the opening credits of "ABC'S Wide World of Sport", remember that?)

Ahh good o'l Germany. I was there from 1985-1988 at Hahn AFB in the Hunsruk. I think about it often as we had some very good times there. Came back to the states and retired from the Air Force. Look forward to here from you. Welcome.

Hello Charly,

welcome in this awesome forum and greetings from germany too. :lol
I live near Trier, where are you ?

Markus

Welcome aboard Charly, unlike others I think YOU should send US some free beer tomorrow!!!

I have a buddy who grew up in Cologne and now lives in Frankfurt, saw him 2 summers ago when I ventured across the pond for the first time, beautiful Country over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yvkT2uMnIY

Bogataj was competing as a Yugoslavian entrant at the Ski-flying World Championships in Oberstdorf, West Germany (now Germany) on March 21, 1970. A light snow had begun falling at the start of the event, and by the time Bogataj was ready for his third jump, the snow had become quite heavy. Midway down the ramp for that jump, Bogataj realized that the conditions had made the ramp too fast. He attempted to lower his center of gravity and stop his jump, but instead lost his balance completely and rocketed out of control off the end of the ramp, tumbling and flipping wildly, and crashing through a light retaining fence near a crowd of stunned spectators before coming to a halt. Despite the ferocity of the crash, Bogataj suffered only a mild concussion.

For some strange reason, I laugh everytime I see your avatar Charly :lol

"Mustang_Charly" said:
Markus, like I said above, I live near Oberstdorf.
I am also active in the forums from FMCOG and Dr Mustang
David

Hi Charly (David, Ray, Jay........ :lol :lol :lol)

Obersdorf (Bavaria) is far away from me. Maybe we see us on a dr-mustang or fmcoc meeting.
BTW your photos are awesome. I don´t drive in Alpen with my stang by now :sad

Markus

Back