• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How big a pipe can I squeeze under a 66 convertable brace?

Gene J

I am talking about that square piece that ties a vert together.

Will 2 1/2 fit? Dare I try a 3 inch?

How big is the brace, got a picture?

Now that I think about it, the shop thats doing my exhaust has a bad a$$ 65/66 convertible with a stroked 351 (427) and they are running 2.5" with the GT trumpets through the valance. Sounds mean, but really odd with the trumpets.

I have 2.5" tucked under the brace of my 68. It is pretty tight. You may be able to get 3" but I question if you really need that much exhaust. :conf If it were me I would do a 2.5" to save the headaches and problems if a 3" doesn't fit.

What kind of motor are you running? Dual 2-1/4" pipe is plenty for a mild 289/302, and 2-1/2" will be enough for everything up to a mild 351W.

The 3 inch is for the down pipe on a 2.3 turbo. I was planning on splitting to duel 2.5 aft of the transmission.

"Gene J" said:
The 3 inch is for the down pipe on a 2.3 turbo. I was planning on splitting to duel 2.5 aft of the transmission.

We will definitely need to see pictures before we can give an accurate estimate............

Back