• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How long does it take for a dislocated toe to heal?

68EFIvert

I had a soccer game yesterday and had a somewhat violent collision with a guy. He was down for about 10 minutes and I popped right up but realized right away my foot was messed up. I got the the sidelines and felt like my pinkie toe was pointing staight up. I pulled off my shoe and saw it was messed up but as I held it checking for a break it slid back into place. I think it was just dislocated. It is pretty swollen and turning different shades of blue today.

Anyone have an idea of how long it will take to head enough to play soccer some more? I guess the red card the ref gave me was a blessing in disguise since I now have another week to heal. The other guy got up after the 10 minutes and within 5 minutes he was back out there with no ill effects.

Last year I did that to my big toe. Granted you walk on you big toe more than your little toe but It took 4 months before I was wearing regular shoes again and took almost a year for all the pain to go away.

Went to Canada one year to canoe camp in Algonquin. Out in the middle of nowhere and I caught my toe caught in a rock wall that I was climbing barefoot. Dislocated the toe. Hobbled back to camp, tied a kerchief around it and pulled it back into place with a quick "umph". Actually walked around barefoot for a few days before I could get my boot back on. After a week it was fine. Suck it up and go play games.

Yep....less than a week for real men......last one I had, I have no idea when it healed....just went on with life.

Thanks for the opportunistic views guys. I stuffed my fat foot into my dress shoes today and drove the only manual transmission car to work, the Mustang. I hope to be out on the field on the 7th. We'll see how it goes though.

Should be sore for a few days then start getting better. The more rest you give it the faster it'll heal.

Right before my test for yellow belt a training partner planted their knee into my pinkie toe on accident. It was swollen and turned a few different shades of blue. I happened to train with a Pediotrist. I asked him about it on a Thursday night and the test was that Saturday. He said even if it was broken they wouldn't do anything for it besides tape it to the toe next to it.

So that Saturday, I took several Tylenol before my test, taped the pinkie to the toe next to it and took my test. Didn't really hurt too bad since during a test you are throwing people instead of being thrown.

Starting to see swelling go down today but the purple is spreading to other toes. Here is your damn picture!

DislocatedToe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"68EFIvert" said:
Starting to see swelling go down today but the purple is spreading to other toes. Here is your damn picture!

DislocatedToe.jpg

TMI :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This little piggie went to market...
This little piggie stayed home...

:craz :craz :craz

"BobV" said:
This little piggie went to market...
This little piggie stayed home...

:craz :craz :craz

And somebody kicked the crap out of one little piggy...... :lol :lol :lol

There's nothing grosser than a hairy toe and unpainted toe-nails.

Except, perhaps, an owl or three...

That latest Geico commercial with the little pig going "Weee Weee Weeee" all the way home comes to mind here...

"Midlife" said:
There's nothing grosser than a hairy toe and unpainted toe-nails.

Except, perhaps, an owl or three...
Are you saying that you like your toe nails hairy and painted? :amaz

Back