• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How many Mustangs are too many?

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Since I acquired my new parts car, my lovely wife, Julie, thinks I have too many Mustangs.
Stangs3.jpg

In some ways, she is right. I do not have enough garage space for all three. So I have to get the parts car disassembled and stored or sold in a month. My goal would be to have 2 drivers, 1 show car and then several parts cars stored in a barn at the farm (I need to build the barn). I have been kidding Julie that I could store 100 Mustangs on the farm on 50 acres and still have enough space for her large garden and house.

What is the magic number for y'all?

Last edited by a moderator:
One's enough for me!

If you want to send a couple of them to me, I'll store'em in the barn for free!

If you have to ask your neighbors to park your mustangs on their property, then you may have too many mustangs.

"janschutz" said:
Since I acquired my new parts car, my lovely wife, Julie, thinks I have too many Mustangs.

you have to put it into perspective for her... tell her when she gets rid of some shoes & purses (if shes a woman, she has too many) you will thin out the cars.

just make sure one of them is weatherproof as you might need to live in it for a while :lol

Too many is one's opinion.......In your case you'll be parting a car and getting rid of it so it seems like you have too many currently but its only temporary ......We have four cars but no garage space for all of them so one gets to stay at my parents house....When we finish the 68 , I'll have to find a storage space because none of the Mustangs will stay outside......

I don't think it's possible to have too many. We currently have five mustangs and a fairlane, the only stipulation the wife has is she doesn't want a bunch of cars sitting outside junking up the place. I guess the solution will be to build another garage.
Collecting mustangs is a disease I hope they never find a cure for.

However many that you can keep properly out of the elements at one time would be my answer. Nothing worse than seeing them rusting into the ground.

Back