• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How to remove rain gutter trim

1863_1.jpg

Use the rounded end, wrap it in electrical tape and CAREFULLY pry the trim off starting at one end.

Another method is to use a wooden paint stir stick and tap it off from the bottom.

See folks? I knew Crusty was good for something! :thu

But seriously, could not have said it any better. Start at one end and take your time.

Carefully... :sarc

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just be careful (ha!) to go slowly with the can opener and make sure you're not putting too much pressure on it or you will end up with a dented up piece of trim.

It is stainless and not chrome, btw. If you do accidentally bend it, etc. you can mend it fairly easily. Be sure to polish it up while you have it off.

anybody know if the repop trim is any good? the drivers side on my car has a spot thats too damaged to repair so wasnt sure how the repop stuff fit. figured it would be a long shot....

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
anybody know if the repop trim is any good? the drivers side on my car has a spot thats too damaged to repair so wasnt sure how the repop stuff fit. figured it would be a long shot....

I don't have any experience with the repro drip rail moldings, but I got a set of the repro rear window trim for my 70 and it was total garbage. Ended up tracking down an original set at a swap meet and spending a few days doing the dent removal and polishing it out instead. I know the same company that made the rear window trim also made the repro drip rail moldings from the particular vendor I picked mine up from, so take that for what it is worth (not much!).

yeah, know all too well about the window trim. i used to cringe when i would get sent out to do a window job on an old mustang & hear "i have a new set of mldgs for that"...

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:

I have only read bad things about the repop parts.

Back