• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I got my SVT axleback today!

monkeystash

UPS man dropped off a box easily big enough to fit a body in. These are the same mufflers that come standard on the 2011 GT500. I wanted something a bit louder, but with no drone and nothing crazy. $285 shipped to my door. I'll put them on this weekend and report back.

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just about to drop the hammer on that same purchase. Just waiting for a final price for shipping.... I am looking at new....$324 to my door. Gotta start looking for used now to see what I can track down.

Paint them flat black (at least the lower half and the back end) prior to install. They disappear under the car that way.

Actually CJs is have a 10% off sale this weekend... 15% for orders over $300. The mufflers show free shipping too.

I called....they had no idea when they would have them in stock.....at least a week, maybe more......is what they said. Pay a bit more....get the product.

"stangg" said:
Actually CJs is have a 10% off sale this weekend... 15% for orders over $300. The mufflers show free shipping too.

These don't qualify for the 10% off. I tried to order them last week when they had 30% off, and the guy said no. You can use the promo code for 5% off though. Like Pete, I wasn't going to wait for them to save $15.

Just thought a pic of the stock mufflers painted with flat black engine paint to make them not so noticeable. Will do the same with the GT500's before I install them.

unload034-1.jpg

unload033-1.jpg

"AzPete" said:
Just thought a pic of the stock mufflers painted with flat black engine paint to make them not so noticeable. Will do the same with the GT500's before I install them.

Hmmmm, I like it both ways. I'll consider that. Here's the arse end of a GT500. The 4" pipes definitely look better and fill in the valance better too.

18_995655.jpg

"monkeystash" said:
These don't qualify for the 10% off. I tried to order them last week when they had 30% off, and the guy said no. You can use the promo code for 5% off though. Like Pete, I wasn't going to wait for them to save $15.

I see... gotta read the fine print... if they don't show the sale price, then it's not on sale... I personally haven't bought anything from them in years. The last order was for a bunch of small stuff that I ordered about a month in advance of needing it and still didn't arrive in time. It seems to be standard operating procedure for them nowadays.

Yes, the 4" looks much better especially considering the CS valance is the same as the GT500. My nighttime pic does not really give a good view. During the day, you only see the tips. Seems the flash is to good.....

Well I like my Ford Racing Mufflers aka Stingers
IMG_2056.JPG
I do not have that problem of them being seen from behind as they are cylindrical and hide behind the rear valance. Down side is that between 1800 2000 I do get some drone. Very easy to install, took me 1/2 hr for both sides.

fd

They are on, and it took me about 2 hours. I don't have a lift so I put the rear axle up on jackstands. There are 3 pins per muffler that attach to rubber mounts, 1 at the tailpipe and 2 at the other end. The one at the tailpipe is pretty easy to get off, but I couldn't for the life of me get the other 2 out. There is so much in the way under there. And yes, I sprayed the mounts with silicon first to help. What I ended up doing was taking the entire muffler bracket off with the muffler itself still attached. There are 2 bolts on the pass side and 3 on the driver. This way I could take off and reattach the mufflers to the rubber mounts off the car. Much easier. Anyway, it sounds amazing! Quiet at idle and in normal cruise, but when you step into it, the aggressive tone really comes out. I couldn't be happier. Video too:

GT500 axleback

They must have changed the mounting brackets then. I just had to loosen the muffler clamps and slide them out. Kinda cheesy really. Does sound good though.

fd

Just waiting for that sound to get to me here.........come on the 11th. I may install in the drive...jack and stands... I thought about just removing the entire mount also...

Back