• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate buying a new car.

Dodge Durango = Jeep Grand Chickoree.

Might be ok. My family (uncles, cousins) drive Dodges and the interior stuff just does not seem to last. Powertrains are good.

Hope the boss is happy tho as that's a priority.

Another vehicle that seems to be real nice is the Acura MDX altho I don't care for sending $ off shore either.

Finally, did your Durango come with the dual airbag option that Craig referred to?

"guruatbol" said:
I would never have an Asian car in my driveway! I guess I am just prejudice!

Anyway, they had a black one that was 2012,
Mel

I have to agree with you Mel on that point.

Color choice... well I guess that it does not get that hot there in Utah. But black and dirt roads... :roll :hs

fd

"BigHoss" said:
I agree with guruatbol!
I work for a non commission dodge, Chrysler, jeep, Mazda dealer! We do business the 21 century way not the beat them up and knock them down way. If you end up getting a Durango let me know and I'll see if our prices beat the ones in your area.
And no dodge is dodge not fiat. Fiat is a whole different line up.
The rams are not technically dodge they are "ram" now.
I have the new rams and let me tell you what.... WOW! Our rams have 6 features ford an Chevy don't have.
I get an average of 18mpg city/ highway on my daily commute. 50/50.
I have owned close to 20 new cars---2 were Mopar--the biggest feature I found was I got to know the dealership crew well, also the tow truck driver---I am sorry, just my opinion but I got burned bad buying Mopar--(these were 94 and 96 models so we are not talking late 70's problems)

"guruatbol" said:
Sorry Mid, I would never have an Asian car in my driveway! I guess I am just prejudice!

OK, we went to the dealer to pick up our new 2012 green Durango. It turns out that it was a green 2011 Durango and all the paperwork I had showed that I was given showed it as a 2012. I told them no I didn't want the 2011. I found that the 2011 had super bad issues with the transmission, 5spd with OD. The 2012 has a 6 spd and the trans is less likely to have issues. Not saying it won't, just seems lees likely.

Anyway, they had a black one that was 2012, so to make a long story short, we waited them out and got is for only a couple thousand more than the 2011.

So I will post pics tomorrow since it is dark now. This thing has every option known to man. Rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, back up camera and sensors, nav system, heated and cooled leather seats, heated steering wheel, lighting everywhere, auto headlights, 10 speaker alpine stereo, electric tilt and telescoping steering wheel, the list just keeps on going! It is an awesome car....The bad is we have a payment!

The independent front and rear suspension is nice on our dirt roads. Makes me want to save my money for the Heidt system for the Mustangs.

Now that I bought a car that cost more than the house I grew up in, I have to save the money for a shop! Maybe I'll sell the Mustangs and build a shop and buy the new Mustang....??? Wait then there is nothing to work on in the shop....

Mel

You might not have a car with a asian name on the outside but I will bet the Durango has asian parts in it--it is made with 69% american parts according to a ABC news world chart. (actually 69% is not that low in todays market!--Ford Fusion is like 20%)

"Flysure1" said:
You might not have a car with a asian name on the outside but I will bet the Durango has asian parts in it--it is made with 69% american parts according to a ABC news world chart. (actually 69% is not that low in todays market!--Ford Fusion is like 20%)

Oh yeah start that up....we'll be here all year. :soapboxrant :pbj

Well that's why you need to get in on the new line up. We've won alot of awards for mopar products. The new dart has over 100,000 different ways to build it. New ram line up is dominating the truck market! Challenger is going to be getting a face lift soon, bringing back the Dakota and viper. Interior is way way better! 8.4" touch screen nav/radios. Customizable led gauge cluster with 3d graphics. Check it out guys I'm talking as a mopar enthusiast not just because I work there now.

Disclaimer: yes I have a mustang too!

"KBMWRS" said:
Oh yeah start that up....we'll be here all year. :soapboxrant :pbj
Probably--is your mustang one that has the chinese transmission? sadly the Mustang has a lot of "foreign parts" I do not think you can buy a 100% american vehicle. My 2011 f150 was assembled in america with foreign parts included--I bought a new 1977 f150 and I would not bet that it didn't have something foreign in it. All of the new vehicles have vastly improved from 30 years ago, Brand loyality has slipped, and Mel is right--"if Momma aint happy nobody is happy" I wish him the best of luck with his purchase.

"BigHoss" said:
Well that's why you need to get in on the new line up. We've won alot of awards for mopar products. The new dart has over 100,000 different ways to build it. New ram line up is dominating the truck market! Challenger is going to be getting a face lift soon, bringing back the Dakota and viper. Interior is way way better! 8.4" touch screen nav/radios. Customizable led gauge cluster with 3d graphics. Check it out guys I'm talking as a mopar enthusiast not just because I work there now.

Disclaimer: yes I have a mustang too!
Dominating the truck market? They are greatly increasing their last years% of sales but still selling less than half of ford and less than chevy. Still # 3

Its a global economy. I try but buying American exclusively is impossible. Those that hate import products of any sort are the usual Fox News sheep.

"KBMWRS" said:
Its a global economy. I try but buying American exclusively is impossible. Those that hate import products of any sort are the usual Fox News sheep.

Lol, my dd is a Camry. For that matter all of my dd's since 16 have been Toyota or Nissan except for 2.

Back