• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate you guys

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
And here I thought it was tough to restore a Mustang? phyfffttt! Assembling a lego VW Camper is just pure hell! WTF did I ever do to you guys, to deserve this? 14 bags of plastic pieces which are not at all identified. Meaning if one bag was for frame and body with another for engine and another for interior, THAT would be awesome. But no such luck. It's all "sir mix alot". So if we spend an hour a night, I expect to be dead before we finish.

pyve2a7y.jpg

zujusazu.jpg

jejymy7y.jpg

ve3ememy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
You're supposed to open all the bags and dump the parts in a box and mix them all around. This will make it much easier!

Mel

scedd

Sounds like a project you will complete with your Grand-kids, especially the ones that haven't been conceived yet. :yah :yah

blu67

Sheesh...it's not like you have to read or do math or anything...

My kids would have had that done hours ago, played with it and built something else out of the extra parts...

Oh, didn't they tell you?....there are usually extra parts.....or are there... :roll

A

Anonymous

Just the idea that Craig is sitting at his work table, pulling what little hair he has left and mumbling nasty words directed at us, makes me smile!

DEL65

Of The Morons
Looks like those directions are for Ikea furniture. Probably easier to assemble the real thing. Good luck.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Happy to see you finally got started. Typically the bags are at least numbered to coincide with the appropriate section of the assembly manuals. My 8 year old has built most of the advanced, what they call "Hard to Find" sets. The ones with 2000+ pieces. You can do it.

Simple tips.

1. Color sort everything. Pile of red, pile of white

2. Take that a step further and break those color piles into piece types. Blocks, plates, round, etc...

Once you get it sorted the build is actually quite quick and enjoyable.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Guess what? I got up Oh Dark Early today and have started seperating everything by color. Tonight will finish the sorting and continue onward. Sorry Justin, looks like the Silver Bullitt might be taking the back seat for awhile....NOT!

Wife and daughter want to help me as well. Heck, if I can get through this assembly, surely I can restore the real thing.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Here's some inspiration for you. These are just the stuff he has strewn about his room. He has a full closet full of others apart in bins and such.

kb3

"Horseplay" said:
Here's some inspiration for you. These are just the stuff he has strewn about his room. He has a full closet full of others apart in bins and such.

Man I miss those days....maybe I need another kid..... :roul

I guess I can build them for the future grandkids? way distant future.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
"kb3" said:
Man I miss those days....maybe I need another kid..... :roul

I guess I can build them for the future grandkids? way distant future.
His birthday is in a few weeks and this is one of the gifts he will be getting. The Lego buildings are way cool. He let's me help build them (I get to sort the blocks for him!) we have a lot of fun together doing it. One like this will take him the better part of the day to build.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-pala ... arch-2013/

kb3

"Horseplay" said:
His birthday is in a few weeks and this is one of the gifts he will be getting. The Lego buildings are way cool. He let's me help build them (I get to sort the blocks for him!) we have a lot of fun together doing it. One like this will take him the better part of the day to build.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-pala ... arch-2013/

They have come a long ways from when my son was young...even more so from my original sets. I still have all my legos from my youth....at my age they should be collectors items.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
"kb3" said:
They have come a long ways from when my son was young...even more so from my original sets. I still have all my legos from my youth....at my age they should be collectors items.

Hell, when I was growing up, Leggos hadn't been invented yet. All we had to play with were dirt clods and dead tree branches.

70 StangMan

Donator
"Midlife" said:
Hell, when I was growing up, Leggos hadn't been invented yet. All we had to play with were dirt clods and dead tree branches....
...and farm animals.