• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I love it when plans come together.

RustyRed

Well the good news is that I passed my belt test this weekend. Now I am blue with stripe. Hopefully in about six months I'll be testing for brown and from there I have about a year (maybe more) to take my 1st degree test after I make it through brown with stripe. Test yesterday wasn't bad. Even took on four attackers at once in the "randori" portion of the test. At least on this test I wasn't getting over bronchitis like the last test I took, that one was a MF...mental note, if you are on day 10 of a 10 day course of antibiotics taking a test is a really bad idea.

The better news is that I spoke with Herb the engine guy on Saturday. He is done with the machine work on a 302 he is building for me and should be doing the assembly later this week after some parts come in. Checked with a guy I know this morning and he is still interested in buying my 289 off of me. From what I can tell with the 289 it is in 'ok' shape just needs the heads rebuilt since my best guess is the valve seals are shot. But the guy buying it plans to rebuild it and that is probably his best bet since the motor is 15 years old.

If all goes well at the end of the month, I should be pulling the 289, cleaning up my engine bay and installing the "new" 302. While I am at it, plan on adding the new export brace / monte carlo bar and should be getting in today a dual bowl master to replace my old one.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Now I just have to keep the kiddos healthy. One of them was out one day last week with a fever and his asthma is still acting up some.

Great news all round!

Sorry about the kiddo with asthma, I've had it my whole life and while it's not too bad at 48, it sure sucked from 5-15.

Yeah, it can suck.

But really their asthma doesn't bother them on a regular basis any more. They used to do the nebulizer at least once a day and then we found out about a product called OPC-3 that really keeps it in check.

However, any time they get a cold or it is allergy season in general it can flare up from time to time.

He's at school today and seems to be on the mend, thank goodness!

Back