• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I need bumpers...

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
As the title states, time to buy new bumpers. I do not have originals so re-chroming is not an option. So where do things stand with the quality of repops? Are there multiple producers? Which is best? Where to buy?

I went with the NPD repops and I'm happy with them. I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might still have my original front bumper. I suppose you'll want me to go out and look huh.

Thanks, Ryan.

Thing is right now CJ's has bumpers on sale and free shipping. I can save 40% ($75) buying from them compared to NPD. I usually don't price shop but that is a pretty significant savings provided the same quality. Hoping to find out what brand each sells. As I near the finish line on this project I am shelling out some serious cash on things like upholstery, exhaust, etc. and if I can trim a bit here and there all the better. I hope to use that money for this summer's Power Tour.:D

I'd give them a try then, that's worth the gamble. For all we know they are exactly the same. I can't imagine there are many factories in China making Mustang bumpers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As the title states, time to buy new bumpers. I do not have originals so re-chroming is not an option. So where do things stand with the quality of repops? Are there multiple producers? Which is best? Where to buy?

Find a guy on eBay with a bunch of NOS parts and pick up two brand new, in the Ford wrapper bumpers from him. Oh wait...that is what I did. Sorry, I can add nothing to this thread.

Be careful with "Ford" bumpers. I bought a couple for my '66 about 10 years back. They were repo junk, Ford put their name on them and upped the price. The edges where they bend around the fenders were so sharp and jagged out could cut your fingers if you weren't careful. I toook them back.

If you are still looking I believe I have a rear 65/66 repo that needs re-chromed. It fit pretty good. If you want it it yours for the freight from Knoxville. You could message it to fit correctly before re-chroming.

If you are still looking I believe I have a rear 65/66 repo that needs re-chromed. It fit pretty good. If you want it it yours for the freight from Knoxville. You could message it to fit correctly before re-chroming.
I pulled the trigger and bought a set from CJ's a few weeks ago during their latest "sale". I took a quick look and they look decent although I have yet to really examine them. Maybe this weekend I can mock them up on the car and see how they fit. I will keep your offer in mind depending on how this works our. Thanks

Back