• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think I need to lower my car

72_5.jpg

Re: Re: I think I need to lower my car

"monkeystash" said:
I haven't seen a set of those Momo's for about 15-20 years! Glad to see you replaced them too.

I still have them if you are interested.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I'd put a laser stripe on it and maybe do a matching hood paint...not hood stripes, kinda like the Boss hood, except in a color to match the laser stripes...maybe silver blue. Tone on tone with the accent color darker.

I'd also make the interior a contrasting color like silver...and while your at it, paint the spoiler a dark silver too, too match the hood.

Re: Re: I think I need to lower my car

"ZFORCE" said:
I'd put a laser stripe on it and maybe do a matching hood paint...not hood stripes, kinda like the Boss hood, except in a color to match the laser stripes...maybe silver blue. Tone on tone with the accent color darker.

I'd also make the interior a contrasting color like silver...and while your at it, paint the spoiler a dark silver too, too match the hood.

I'm not clear as to what "laser stripes" are? I like the idea of adding paint because I have knack for that......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Laser stripes were a reflective tape stripe that I know first appeared on Torino GTs in 1970. I have since seen them on Mustangs, Shelby's, as well as Mach Is, Rancheros and I believe Boss Mustangs. They look like regular stripes, and come in a variety of colors, however when light strikes them they are reflective. It is actually very subtle and unless the light hits them just right, you wouldn't even know they are reflective.

Here are couple from Barrett Jackson 2012

My camera flash does a good job of lighting them up.

69 Mach I
P1157360.JPG

Shelby
P1157361.JPG

Back