• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think I'm going to sell my Mustang

I made the mistake (twice) of letting my classic ride go. I hope to never do it again. I bought the new mustang simply to try and fill the need of having a fun car to drive. Love it. It's great. All the comfort features compared to the old are awesome but I would choose to drive my 65 any day of the week over the new one if I could. Takes me back to another time. I enjoy the happiness these old cars bring to many when they see you out driving them, too. You can't beat the "cool" of an old mustang.

"Horseplay" said:
I made the mistake (twice) of letting my classic ride go. I hope to never do it again. I bought the new mustang simply to try and fill the need of having a fun car to drive. Love it. It's great. All the comfort features compared to the old are awesome but I would choose to drive my 65 any day of the week over the new one if I could. Takes me back to another time. I enjoy the happiness these old cars bring to many when they see you out driving them, too. You can't be the "cool" of an old mustang.

I agree. I like my old ones, but with life being what it has for the last few yrs, I just don't seem to have the time to fool with them. that's why I bought the "Z". it fills that need without having a "to do" list before I can drive it. it has about the same power/handling as my old fox body cars which was about the most fun I ever had vehicle wise. I looked at those, but there again, they are 25 yr old cars now & I just wasn't comfortable in the new mustangs so opted for the "Z". the mustang is running/driving, but still needs a couple things before i'll be happy driving it & just haven't had time to do them. last time it left the driveway was in june.

"70_Fastback" said:
Eh, i tend to enjoy building one over driving it...

that's me too. finish something & always see something I can do differently/better on the next one...

[quote author=SELLERSRODSHOP link=topic=20550.msg251213#msg251213 date=1384964888
...always see something I can do differently/better on the next one...
[/quote]
This is why I always take FOREVER to finish anything. I don't save it for the next one. I go back and do it to the one I am working on now. I too love "the build". I dread putting that last piece of trim up in my basement simply because I don't want the project to end.

Whenever I am at a show, invariably someone will ask, "Is it for sale?"
I always respond with, "Everything's for sale...", and wait for the offer I can't refuse...
Haven't received that offer yet...

"MD69Boss" said:
Whenever I am at a show, invariably someone will ask, "Is it for sale?"
I always respond with, "Everything's for sale...", and wait for the offer I can't refuse...
Haven't received that offer yet...

Me neither

Well, that's what you get for finishing. I prefer the perpetual, drivable, never ending projects over the perfected finished cars. Best of both worlds. I can drive when I want, yet there always more left to do. Yeah, that's the ticket. I prefer it that way. It's not that I get lazy and sit on my ass looking at the computer instead of finishing the cars.

That's not it at all......

"Horseplay" said:
[quote author=SELLERSRODSHOP link=topic=20550.msg251213#msg251213 date=1384964888
...always see something I can do differently/better on the next one...
This is why I always take FOREVER to finish anything. I don't save it for the next one. I go back and do it to the one I am working on now. I too love "the build". I dread putting that last piece of trim up in my basement simply because I don't want the project to end.
[/quote]

1- I hate the show guys who ask if it is for sale and then low ball you!

2- I love a good project as much as the next guy, but life has thrown me so many projects right now, that I don't have time or space for them all. besides I would like to get into the Jeep thing living in southern Utah and all!

So having 2 classic Mustangs that almost never leave the garage is a waste. If I get rid of the 65 because it will get more money than the 67 and getting a Jeep and building a monster off road toy seems to make more sense. My biggest problem is there is just too much I like out there. I would love to have a Challenger, newer Mustang or a really cool jeep, but I also like the older stuff!

Also no safety required on a vintage car.

Anyway, this desire to sell will pass as soon as I drive them.

Mel

Haven't had much time for "cars" lately myself.

Probably keeping the TA but honestly if someone were to come along and offer to trade me a newer Mustang or Challenger that needed nothing but to be driven I'd most likely go for it.

Due to "life" the TA hasn't left the garage in probably six weeks.

"RustyRed" said:
Haven't had much time for "cars" lately myself.

Probably keeping the TA but honestly if someone were to come along and offer to trade me a newer Mustang or Challenger that needed nothing but to be driven I'd most likely go for it.

Due to "life" the TA hasn't left the garage in probably six weeks.

It's OK to admit that being seen in a Trans Am is similar to riding a moped or fat chick!

"RustyRed" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
It's OK to admit that being seen in a Trans Am is similar to riding a moped or fat chick!

At least my motor is fully operational. :ns

Kick all you want, but the current 302 in the 66 runs just fine.....

(me sticking my tongue out at you)

"silverblueBP" said:
"RustyRed" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

That's only because you haven't driven it since taking up your domestic duties. Better log off now and get that laundry done before the wife catches you goofing off.

"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
"RustyRed" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

That's only because you haven't driven it since taking up your domestic duties. Better log off now and get that laundry done before the wife catches you goofing off.

Why do you have to be such a pwick :ns

"silverblueBP" said:
"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
"RustyRed" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

I am offended by the use of such language. :mark

fd

"FordDude" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
"RustyRed" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

I am offended by the use of such language. :mark

fd

Hey Man quit picking on Mark just cause he has a speech impediment,

however he can hear just fine for a domesticated, white, southern, self sustaining house husband.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Back