• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I want to whine and moan...

"bravenrace" said:
...about the freakin' arthritis in my shoulder. Is this the place to do it?

Right place, but be prepared to get :nut for whining :roll

"bravenrace" said:
...about the freakin' arthritis in my shoulder. Is this the place to do it?
I'll trade the pain in your shoulder for the pain in my ass. (wife)

Damn thing is killing me again today! WaWaWaWaaaaa!
Seriously, anyone know any highly effective but yet little known remedies for relieving the symptoms of Arthritis? I'm not getting much done this way.
I can't take any of the meds the doc has prescribed because of side effects (none of which make me normal, unfortunately), and I've tried over the counter pain
meds and ointments. Those help somewhat, but not enough, as I am a pain wimp.

I feel your pain, totaled a brand new f100 in 1977, tore the muscle off of top of right shoulder--two screws and pins and 9 days in intensive care ----I can not hold my arm straight up or correctly swing a golf club anymore---it was second most pain-full surgery's of the 11 I have had---sleeping does not happen on that side either. Arthritis there and in the back and hips---old age sucks!

Soaking it in a Thermal Spring may help.
We just spent a week in New Zealand and i had a few sessions in the Thermal Springs at Rotorua.
My shoulder is now feeling great.
I usually get about 3 months relief till it goes back to the way it was.
Its probably all in my head, but as long as it feels better, thats OK with me.
I tore the rotator cuff crashing my 49 Vincent Comet about 25 years ago and each year it seems to have less rotation and i can no longer sleep on it.

I'm in no pain. Because I smoke two fish in the morning, I smoke two fish at night. I smoke two fish in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright.

"bravenrace" said:
Good news, I got drugs!! And I now feel NO pain!!! :beer :thu :yah :nut :pbj

WTG Craig and his funny cigs!

Hint, become a bee keeper. Author never bothers those guys, no shit.

I ended up a little achy on Sunday when I was trying to climb down from the swim platform on my boat after we put it in dry storage. The extension ladder we had been using collapsed just as I stepped on it and I dropped about six feet to the concrete. Must have good bones, I didn't break anything but it did hurt for a day. I still can't remember what hit first, but I think it was my hips and right shoulder. Of course, that's my bad shoulder.

"Laurie S." said:
I ended up a little achy on Sunday when I was trying to climb down from the swim platform on my boat after we put it in dry storage. The extension ladder we had been using collapsed just as I stepped on it and I dropped about six feet to the concrete. Must have good bones, I didn't break anything but it did hurt for a day. I still can't remember what hit first, but I think it was my hips and right shoulder. Of course, that's my bad shoulder.

That sucks. I hope you are okay. I have a health problem that causes equilibrium problems, and because of it I probably fall more than most people my age. It's the most demoralizing thing that happens to me, not because of the fall as much as how it reminds me of how much more of an impact falling has on me now versus when I was younger.
A while back I slipped on some ice on our sandstone front steps. Fell right on my can. I swear it rattled my brain. I just sat there for about 5 minutes recovering before I could even get up. What's worse is that 10 years ago I would probably would have had quick enough reactions to prevent myself from falling in the first place. My Dad is 90, and he falls once in a while. I can't even begin to imagine what that's like for him.

Back