• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I was on local radio this a.m.

Flysure1

They had a salute call in for past and present service people, I called in and said my father served in the Navy during Korea, he had brothers that had served in Air Force, Army and Marines in various times, he had a brother who was in counter intelligence in WW II and was recalled during Korea, I asked his son at his funeral just what his dad did during the wars and he said he never spoke of it, he also said he received a christmas card from the White House every year reguardless of party in office, he was a retired Illinois State Policeman and was a 2 term county sherrif--he died on the fourth of July several years ago, my father also had a cousin who was in on the development of a tree shearer that Caterpillar tractor co. made for use in Viet Nam jungles, he went to Nam working for both the Government and Cat to deploy and train on the machines when they first went there, he dealt with MacNamara (sp.?) on the project--I wish I had talked with him more before he passed---they were an era gone forever---sadly there are heroes from current conflicts to replace them---war sucks on all fronts---but I am gratefull for those who serve!

Back