• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Identify this Mustang part

crustycurmudgeon

I thought I'd see if anyone can identify this piece that came from my '67:

10886740101_large.jpg

10886740102_large.jpg

It's a brittle plastic, I'm sure it was originally much more pliable. And I'm sure it used to be clear. It looks to be original, but who knows?

edit: it's not a mystery to me--I know where it came from.

Frank

It's a quarter.......

That other piece of garbage looks like it came from the inst. panel or possibly a lens from a light somewhere..

I'm beginning to think that these may have been added by the previous owner. Here's a picture of the rear window side trim:

10886740105_large.jpg

And a close-up of the back side, bottom of the trim:

10886740106_large.jpg

I guess it's to keep the trim from digging into the paint. The piece in this trim is smaller than the loose one. Anyone else seen these on their trim?

Frank

I really expected that to be part of the instrument cluster.

Since it is only a couple of screws, I went to check my '67. The driver side one is still in place but the passenger side one is gone. It has been repainted once so the passenger side one was likely lost then.

It'd be easy to make new ones--just get some 1mm thick flexible plastic sheet, or shelf mat and start cutting.

Dimensions of the piece I have are: 1" tall from base to tip of the arrow point, 3/4" wide at the base, 1/2" wide at the base of the arrowhead, 7/16" tall from base of arrowhead to the tip, and 5/16" at the narrowest point right below the base of the arrowhead. It probably has shrunk a bit over the years though.

Frank.

Back