• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

If you werent building a Mustang,

What would you build?

I would love to have a '41 Willy's

41WillysFeature-Top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1956 Ford Crown Victoria. Stock appearance but with a modern drive train and creature comforts on the inside. This would also have to be the family car because owning it would mean I would not drive much else. Would prefer the continental kit also. This car is just pure.............ahhhhh

img001.jpg

Yeah, he wasn't bagged or anything. I took those pics at this local car show "Greaserama". Pretty cool show.

Couple more of it:

l_13dd69f7492c4fabea30fb4ee69d818b.jpg

l_9e1afb860ce6c763af0acc50adbc79af.jpg

"AzPete" said:
1956 Ford Crown Victoria. Stock appearance but with a modern drive train and creature comforts on the inside. This would also have to be the family car because owning it would mean I would not drive much else. Would prefer the continental kit also. This car is just pure.............ahhhhh

img001.jpg
5413710154_medium.jpg

Check out the car next to mine when it was in paint jail

showthumb.php

2_03_03_09_6_01_12_2.JPG

My dads first car was a '56 convertible, i recall him having those side moldings in the garage most of my life....

That even looks like one of the 600 or so glass tops produced. Just so nice......even when rough.

"AzPete" said:
That even looks like one of the 600 or so glass tops produced. Just so nice......even when rough.

I knew it was rare, I had no idea there were that few built. it was really pretty clean, he was just touching it up if I recall.

'68 AMX. Ugly, light, fast, and semi-mopar:) I would've bought the one I ran into for sale had I not picked my fastback up two months earlier. I'd also be (more) broke trying to fix it up...

I am planning to build another Mustang, my wife wanted a 67/68 Fastback or even a 65/66 but I haven't been able to find a decent one for a reasonable price. So we decided we would build a foxbody next.
However, if I wasn't building Mustangs I like the ratrods for sure and Fairlanes/Torinos. I really want to build an altered wheelbase "Gasser" or AF/X type car. I have a 57 Chevy 4 door body that I traded some stuff for. It's rough and the frame and nose is badly damaged from an accident and the roof is caved in but I thought would make a cool Ratrod Gasser...
picture033gj4.th.jpg

"tarafied1" said:
I am planning to build another Mustang, my wife wanted a 67/68 Fastback or even a 65/66 but I haven't been able to find a decent one for a reasonable price. So we decided we would build a foxbody next.
However, if I wasn't building Mustangs I like the ratrods for sure and Fairlanes/Torinos. I really want to build an altered wheelbase "Gasser" or AF/X type car. I have a 57 Chevy 4 door body that I traded some stuff for. It's rough and the frame and nose is badly damaged from an accident and the roof is caved in but I thought would make a cool Ratrod Gasser...
picture033gj4.th.jpg

Why not a comet like that gasser they are building on Musclecar tv on spike

MC-0813.jpg

Factory Five Cobra. No question. Been my dream car since I was a kid.

Really like the rat rods, but I'm afraid knowing me I'd de-rat it ......

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible. I still keep an eye for them when I look through ads. Heck I'd take an 09 for that matter.

"Havok1" said:
1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible.

The local mopar nut has one sitting in a makeshift barn/shed...and no its not for sale I bug him about twice a year. He has owned the car since high school and is content with just letting it sit. Neat car for sure

"Midlife" said:
A 68/69 Challenger or Barracuda, or a AC Cobra Kit Car.
I hate to break it to you Mid, but there is no such thing as a 68/69 Challenger. :hmm

I'm a closet Pontiac freak, especially the early ones...and it must have a post:
53_24_03_09_8_43_45.jpg

53_24_03_09_8_42_13_1.jpg

53_24_03_09_8_45_26.JPG

Back