• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

If you werent building a Mustang,

I would like to build a black 1955 Buick Special with an Art Morrison chassis. Of course it would have to have an LS engine with a blower and 6 speed. :nice
2687606261_51a357f814.jpg

Speaking of posts, I forgot a car. 1963 Chrysler B-body (Savoy, Belvedere, Fury, Sport Fury) post. My mom's boyfriend has a '63 Belvedere 318 and it's freaking awesome. Best sleeper car platform ever. Drop a 426 Max Wedge in it and you've got the first real factory muscle car of the 60's:)

"Fast68back" said:
Why not a comet like that gasser they are building on Musclecar tv on spike

MC-0813.jpg
Yeah, I have been following that with my TIVO. I really like that build. In fact I'd like to do that to a 65/66 Mustang... but that's a different thread I guess.
72_25_03_09_8_36_14.jpg

72_25_03_09_8_42_23.jpg

"68EFIvert" said:
I would like to build a black 1955 Buick Special with an Art Morrison chassis. Of course it would have to have an LS engine with a blower and 6 speed. :nice
2687606261_51a357f814.jpg

Isnt that what Leno built and put the first GM 572 crate engine in it?

ahhh, google and ye shall find...

1955-Buick-Roadmaster-Jay-Leno-FA-Twilight-1280x960.jpg

1955-Buick-Roadmaster-Jay-Leno-Engine-Compartment-1024x768.jpg

1955-Buick-Roadmaster-Jay-Leno-Poster-1024x768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also like the Pontiacs. I had a 65 LeMans vert I wish I'd kept. I love the 68-72 GTO's. I love old Ford pick-ups too. I had a 53 F100 (basket case) I had to sell but would like another. Growing up, my uncle always ahd station wagons. I never thought they were cool but now I'm seeing some really neat ones around. I think I could get into building one of those...
72_25_03_09_9_11_43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote author=monkeystash l

I'm a closet freak, especially the young ones...and it must have a post:

[/quote]

Shit Ryan I thought we were talking about cars here?

Ever since I saw these running at Daytona eons ago, I've wanted one in the worst way!!

279739.jpg

"monkeystash" said:
Mark, Superformance makes a great replica.

http://www.superformance.com/coupe.aspx

I could afford an FFR Coupe and build it myself, but not one that CS approves of. I've been eying the FF coupe since they introduced it, I was in the middle of restoring the 66 at the time and tried to convince my FIL that he needed one knowing he'd tire of it in a couple of years. Now, he's too damn fat to fit in one and has no interest!

I also like the Daytona Coupe's but I think the rear end is butt ugly. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the smooth body lines IMO. Now that I've said that I would still like one of those or a GT40 replica.

"70_Fastback" said:
Fixed it for ya'...

266395.gif

I think Leno has a Roadmaster which is a bit larger than the Special. Similar body lines though. I don't think a Roadmaster would even fit in my garage. Those things are HUGE!

Guys,
I'd have to break from the norm and would have to say a classic SL Merc or a jaguar XK150 Roadster from the mid 60s.
JaguarXK150_black.jpg

Mercedes300SLRoadster.jpg

Both hard to find and expensive to restore but who said an Eleanor build would be cheap!!!!

Back