• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I'm going to blow my own horn......... I know, nothing new.

68EFIvert

:toot
I took the car to my first big show, the 53rd Portland Roadster Show.  It is in the ISCA show car circut.  I drove the car there on Thursday in the middle of a rain storm and only had about 45 minutes to detail it while I was in the show.  Long story short, I took runner-up in the mild custom convertible class.  I'm pretty excited.  The trophy goes up to my hip!  Now I have to figure out what to do with it.  What do you guys do with your trophies?  I was thinking about making a shelf for the garage but they would get really dirty.

Since I'm tooting my horn.  I also has someone offer me $1000 to have my car in a commercial.  The only hitch is it is in California.  I'd spend that much on gas getting there and have to take a few days off work.  Not gonna happen but I was flattered.

Alright, that is the end of my toots.  Excuse me.

:toot :toot

Congrats Darreld! Well earned award. I'm curious though, if your car is "mild" custom, what does wild custom look like?

"Fast68back" said:
if your car is "mild" custom, what does wild custom look like?

:rofl
well, i guess he could have gone with Lambo doors like one I saw this weekend :wtf

congrats man

Sweet, well deserved too. What were they advertising? It might be worth it if it were for Tropicana Sun tan lotion! :naug

not trying to steal your thunder or your thread but as long as we are bragging, I got runner up at the NMRA World Finals Car Show for best Classic Mustang last fall. That was the first big show I went to.
72_09_03_09_12_45_41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the rules 4 or more alterations equals one modification. A conservative custom has 0-3 mods, mild has 4-6 mods, semi 7-10 mods, full is over 10 and radical is any number and alt least one of whis is chopping, channeling or sectioning. If they really looked at my car there are about 50 alterations so I likely fit in the semi class. The class covers 1949 and newer convertibles.

Back