• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior project

Will you grommet the openings in the trunk divider panel - where the belt runs though it? Or any concern of the metal edge scraping the seatbelt material to a point of weakening it?

Other than my comment, I think it looks great!

"70_Fastback" said:
Will you grommet the openings in the trunk divider panel - where the belt runs though it? Or any concern of the metal edge scraping the seatbelt material to a point of weakening it?

Other than my comment, I think it looks great!
I have thought it about it, I think I will see how it goes. I have some UHMW plastic at work I could cut to fit. Right now it rubs on the carpet and they won't get used too much.

An update on my progress:
I have the back seat pretty much done with minor details left.
Now I have moved on with the doors.
I took the vinyl of the door panels and put the same carpet material I used on the package tray on them. I plan to at least try and recover the arm rests with a gray or charcoal vinyl material.
I am also going to order new charcoal color carpet through my local Mustang place.

I like it!

My Dad did the same thing to the doors on his Model 'A'. Except he did black headed screws, spaced pretty tightly around the perimeter of the carpet to give it a more "industrial" look.

I plan to cut it down as it is way too high for me. I got it at a good price a couple months ago. I plan to cut it down to around 3" from the 6" it is.

The armrests look great, that scoop, not so much. Well, unless it'll run in the 9's!

Back