• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It figures, right!?!

tarafied1

Well, I have been racking up the miles locally and have driven pretty far with no issues. I was really hoping I wouldn't have any problems when I went to the 45th Thursday night cruise. But as luck would have it, Murphy did strike!
I had a bolt come out of the brake sheild on the right spindle and allowed it to rub on the rotor. It made a horrible noise. I pulled over during the cruise but couldn't do anything on the side of the highway so I jumped back in line and cruised on in to Homewood. I managed to get a zip tie to hold it on for the cruise back to the hotel. I didn't have proper tools to pull the caliper and rotor at Homewood. So many people offered to help and loan tools etc, great bunch of people.
I found this video of the cars coming into Homewood on YouTube, at about a 1:45 my car goes by making the horrible noise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmsDJYVjpU
72_29_04_09_8_06_12_0.jpg

me trying to put the zip tie on in the parking lot
72_29_04_09_8_06_12_1.jpg

this was the zip tie doing it's job, in fact I waited until I got home to fix it right. Zip Ties and duct tape and I can fix anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty cool, I was checking out a couple peoples photo albums from the 45th and I saw your car in both of them! Pretty cool to have your car recognized like that.

"Fast68back" said:
It was pretty cool, I was checking out a couple peoples photo albums from the 45th and I saw your car in both of them! Pretty cool to have your car recognized like that.
Cool, I didn't know that. It was a great weekend. My wife was kinda out of it because she hurt her back so we didn't get to "hang out" as much as I would have liked but we did meet a lot really cool people.

You weren't the only one to have brake problems during the cruise. I drove Murphy and the brake booster failed, so that the brake pedal didn't come back up and the brake pads didn't release. After a couple of miles on the interstate, I could smell burning rubber and there was smoke coming from the front wheelwells. I pulled out of the cruise, checked everything over quickly, and then continued with the cruise to Homewood. I had to drive by pulling the brake pedal back up with my left foot. And, I had to drive from the Marriott back to Barber the next morning, followed by the MCA past president.

I don't even want to think about what happened to my truck enroute to Birmingham. :expl

bummer, sorry to hear that. Did you get Murphy fixed? And I didn,t mean to use Murphy's name in vain, I knew you had a car named trouble. I forgot about Murphy!

Back