• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just a minor change....

AzPete

Silver66026jpg.jpg

.....but it makes those that know the old cars have a question plus I just have to be a bit different. (I know, no comments needed). I have done this before and since Midlife had all the connectors & wire colors to match handy, I had him make a pigtail to accomplish the task. We just installed it this am. Now, what is the picture showing? Not the best shot but you will notice both my headlights and park lights are on. Still have the regular park lights working plus they come on with the headlights. Turn signals are not touched. About 30 min. to make the change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to your wiring schematic and locate the light switch. Locate the tail light wire and front park light wire. Remove them from the plug. Make a pigtail with the proper mating lugs (two male and one female flat connectors) and attach both wires to this pigtail and plug the pigtail into the tail light position on the switch plug. Old park light position in plug has no wire. Plug harness back into light switch. Drive to confuse some.....

Almost forget, Midlife will hook you up with the pigtail to fit for a small cost.........

Dammit, Pete...you're stealing my copyright!

Find the black wire: that is your running lights. Pull that pin out of the headlamp connector.

Find the black/yellow wire: that is your front parking lights. Pull that pin out of the headlamp connector.

Find another harness that you can butcher and remove the black wire from the headlamp connector. Splice two male spade connectors into the the single black wire from the butchered harness. Plug together the real harness into this pigtail, and then plug the single black wire back into the headlamp connector.

I should sell these pigtails for $100 each... :naug

I added the reference to you as you were posting......You can still charge??????

You haven't received my bill yet? Damn Post Office...

I guess maybe I'm confused, and not familiar with the earlier years. But my park lights come on with my headlights too. Or what am I not getting? :crazy

it's early here...

The early models have the front park lights on only in the park position. They do not come on in the headlight position. I changed that.

Back