• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats "want list" - '66 parts

Kats66Pny

I'm looking for things like

- a windshield for a 66. Minor little chips and dings is fine. Just need something not as bad as what I have and that doesn't leak.

- Front valance

- Upper Valance / Stone Deflector

- Headlights (the whole assembly minus the actual light itself - This thing) for both LH and RH sides as mine are cracked and bondo'd.

- Trunk lid

- Stock style seats. Upholstery doesn't need to be perfect, can be ugly, ripped up, etc. Maybe trade my racing style seats?

- Steering wheel. Don't care if it's wood grain or what. Just something larger than what I have which is a little one that is annoying.

- Battery Box

- Interior door panels (black)

- Dash pad. Can be faded and ugly

- it's a long shot but a whole cowl assembly like this that doesn't leak- COWL PANEL,1965-1966,COMPLETE that won't cost me $300+ dollars. :eek

I'll add to the list as I think of more things or come across things as I'm fixing Gertrude. My budget is slim so would prefer to keep prices low. Also if it's located in Texas and close enough for me to pick up (large items) that would be great so I don't have to pay shipping.

I have a steering wheel from a 66 and a pair of blue seats and a 65 dash pad currently in my 65 that is black. It is a 65 bash pad, I have a new blue one I need to install.

You could also convert your dash to metal like outlawboss did.

Post pics of your seats, a trade may be welcome as I was going to put racing seats in the 65.

Mel

PS - oh, I have a battery box and kit to relocate the battery to the trunk. I have a good Holly carb too if you want a back up. MH

I have a steering wheel from a 66 and a pair of blue seats and a 65 dash pad currently in my 65 that is black. It is a 65 bash pad, I have a new blue one I need to install.
Get back to you on those. John (Opentracker) sent me a pm about some of those items.

PS - oh, I have a battery box and kit to relocate the battery to the trunk. I have a good Holly carb too if you want a back up. MH
I would just need the box. The battery was already relocated to the trunk by the PO. It's just not properly secured or boxed up and a safety concern right now.

Mel, if she just need the box and you have the whole kit, why dont I send my box to Kat and you send the kit to craig.... Your call.

"Kats66Pny" said:
- Front valance

- Upper Valance / Stone Deflector

- Interior door panels (black)

I *THINK* I have the front valence and stone deflector in my garage. If not they got scrapped...Hope not. And they're red!! :) I'll check when I get home tonight. PM me if you haven't heard from me by 8 your time.

I definitely have black interior door panels that I already have replacements for. They aren't pretty, though...little bit of bending, and the "plastic chrome crap" has peeled in a few places.

I'll let you know when I check out the stuff when I get home. It'll all be yours for shipping.

I have a few headlight buckets at home. They have the typical crack on the upper bolt, but the piece hasn't busted off.

Thanks guys! :vic

The headlight buckets you have.. would it fix these problems?

This piece is broken on both RH and LH sides...
683_13_09_10_12_42_03.JPG

Both headlights have this huge gap because the piece behind it is all broken and so it can't be screwed in. Plus all the bondo.
683_13_09_10_12_40_49_0.JPG

683_13_09_10_12_40_49_1.JPG

I'll pull them off the shelf and get you some pics. I know that I have a couple of DS up there, and I think that the PS has a crack in the pot metal where the grill attaches -- where's your's is broke off. It was the original one to my fastback, and I gently moved it back into place and reinforced the bottom with fiberglass. It held good, until I replaced it with a repop bucket. It's just the upper inner mounting bolt that is cracked...this is typical. My DS one on the car now has the same crack. I've seen where people have run a screw from the headlight bucket to the inner fender to hold that top corner in place. I'll probably end up doing that with my bucket.

*epic fail*

The valence and stone deflector got toted off by Otto the Garbageman :( So if anyone has those, Kat still needs them. She's gonna let me know if she wants my door panels.

Back