• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kid?

RustyRed

Dave,

As you may or may not know...I have 9 year old twin boys named Ben and Jeff.

They are always playing video games when they are not playing baseball or at school, etc.

Several times they wanted to set up a user name on game websites and they always want to use the user name of "BJ"

I usually try to steer them some other direction for a user name without having to explain to them what some people use the letters "BJ" in reference to. Obviously this is not a conversation I care to have with nine year olds.

Any suggestions?

"RustyRed" said:
Obviously this is not a conversation I care to have with nine year olds.

Any suggestions?
I suggest you have it with your wife/girlfriend/etc.! :)

Tell the kids to use JB.....that's real difficult. :lol

Discuss the BJ problem with your wife......might be more difficult. :ecit

Yeah, Pete beat me to it.... Using "JB" instead would be the easiest way to go. Make up some story about it being your grandfather's nickname. Kids are stupid, they'll believe anything. I had my kids believing (they're all too old now) that prior to the "X games", there were the "W games" and before that were the "V Games". Within these ficticious "V games" I was a young athlete that developed the basis of most of the tricks/stunts performed in the modern "X games". The kids would be watching the X games during their summer vacation and continually ask me about skateboard manuevers (or what have you) and I would go into detail about how "we" invented that particular manuever back in the early '70's during the V games. I would be biting my tongue trying not to laugh while making up these crazy stories. Example, I had our two girls 100% convinced that the jump rope game they play at school called "double dutch" was actually invented by me in my elementary school days when two differnet pairs of girls both wanted me jump rope with them at the same time and after successfully doing this it became known as "Double Dave", but when the manuever migrated to the west coast some dutch guy got all of the credit. Like I said, 9 year olds are pretty gullible.

To solve the bigger problem though.... you really should ween them off of the video games completely. It's the main reason why 17-30 year olds are pretty much worthless drains on our society.

"daveSanborn" said:
To solve the bigger problem though.... you really should ween them off of the video games completely. It's the main reason why 17-30 year olds are pretty much worthless drains on our society.

+1. SWMBO and I never succumbed to buying any video games and it's one of the best decisions we ever made although they still had the opportunity to play on occasion at a friends house. (The offspring are both in college, for age comparison purposes.)

My kiddos don't play a lot of video games.

Most days they get up and go to school. They get off the bus and do their homework with help from the woman that watches them for me after school. A couple days a week while one is doing home work the other is working with the tutor that helps them with their dyslexia issues.

A lot of days after they get done with homework it is about time for me to get home. They want to go play baseball pretty much ever day so we go over to the high school, practice in the batting cages and then they like to run a mile. Except for today because they wanted to go to the store and use their allowance to buy baseball cards.

The running started when I told them I needed to get in better shape before my next belt test. You could see Jeff's little wheels turning in his head and he decided running on the track would help them run the bases faster. So....we started running several days a week. Now they have even more reason to run because the 3rd and 4th graders have a fun run try out coming up in early November. Apparently, the fastest 10 - 12 boys from each grade and 10-12 girls from each grade get selected to run.

They can out run me in a mile so I'm thinking they stand a pretty good chance of making the cut even though beating me isn't saying much, LOL!

My guess is a lot of the other kids in the 3rd grade can't even make it a mile so I'm betting their odds are pretty good.

Back