• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lawns and dogs.

RapidRabbit

Donator
So I'm looking for a little advice on my lawn/dog issues.

First off, I don't have a dog. I have 3 neighbors in a triangle around me who's dogs all think my lawn is a toilet. I'm getting pissed. Pun intended.

my lawn is now full of crop circles. I'm getting all these spots of dark colored grass and dead spots of brown in the middle. I'm guessing they are from the pee, but maybe its something else.

Any suggestions? I've talked to the neighbours and they say they are trying to keep the dogs in their yards, yet I see them running loose all the time. One of the neighbors does clean up the poop his dog leaves in my yard. I don't want to go to war with my neighbors.

Are there any products that might keep the dogs off my grass? I've heard pepper makes them stay away. Also what's the best way to fix the dead spots?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I don't know of anything that will keep them off but I am sure there is something. Do you live in a neighborhood with an association/rules pertaining to this? If it were me, I'd talk to them...as you have. If things don't change, the dogs take a bb gun shot every time they're in the yard. (Yes, I have done this and it works. Pop that dog when the neighbor can see it....it stops) Also, if it doesn't stop they would get Roundup in their yard at night. Did I mention a bb gun works?

045663169107C.jpg

You don't shoot the dogs. They're dogs. They are not to blame. Shoot the dumb ass neighbors.

Nothing you put down is going to keep them off your lawn. Even if there was an effective deterrent it would wash away or be diluted so frequently you would go broke trying to keep it in place. Tell your neighbors all about some mysterious late night animal visitor that is destroying stuff on your property and how you have placed poison traps all over to try and get it. If they care at all about their dogs you shouldn't have anymore problems.

+2 on the BB gun - every time the dog comes in the yard, pull the BB gun out and shoot THE OWNER :rant . It'll stop fast.

Re: Lawns and dogs.

Well I don't have a bb gun, but I do have a 3 ft long blow gun that shoots paint balls and darts. I've thought of using that.

I have always said its not the dogs its the owners that don't train and take care of them that's the problem. I hate all the suburban idiots who buy their kids cute little puppies only to have the kids get bored with it and parents don't want to take care of it. They end up chained in the yard or shoved outside and wandering. Complete neglect. One our old neighbors actually got a puppy for his kids then eventually it ended up in a shelter. Then a year or 2 later they come home with another one. Wth, didn't figure it out the first time.

I may setup my little girls baby monitor pointed out the window and record a day or two to see which dog and when so that I can send a lawn repair bill to the owner with a copy of the tape.

Most municipalities have leash laws or dogs running at large rules. Have you contacted animal control or the local animal shelter concerning this?

"RapidRabbit" said:
I have always said its not the dogs its the owners that don't train and take care of them that's the problem. I hate all the suburban idiots who buy their kids cute little puppies only to have the kids get bored with it and parents don't want to take care of it. They end up chained in the yard or shoved outside and wandering. Complete neglect.

Bingo! Always been a pet peeve of mine. It's not the dog's fault, it's the irresponsible owners.

It's a huge pet preeve for me too. People get dogs and don't train them, then blame them when they don't behave. Of course most of my neighbors can't seem to teach their kids to respect other peoples property either.

I should have bought your house mark. I hate neighbors.

Well a fence really isn't an option. Our yards are all open areas in between overlooking a pond. Plus I'm not shelling out the money for a fence just to keep their dogs and kids out of our yard.

I think the blow gun is coming out. Maybe I will paintball the owners instead of the dogs.

Going to check into that dog repellent. But I don't want to have to constantly apply crap on my lawn.

Install a couple of these on the property line between your lawn and the offending neighbors....

30621747.jpg

30621748.jpg

I'd tell them that I was gonna change out the antifreeze in all my vehicles and it will take a week or two for them to drain out completely. That should work if they give a sh*t about their dogs.

don't get in trouble with using the paint balls, If they would happen to turn you in, and the dogs have paint on them, it could go bad...

A low powered bb gun if you get a cheap one-1 cock would be the same as wearing a shock collar that they use to train dogs,

I know it sounds rough to use a bb gun on a dog, but I think it's the best way to deal with the problem -ifyou don't want to threaten the neighbors by calling the law,

Dogs at large is a 200+ dollar fine around here IIRC? I'd be a little more firm with the neighbors and tell them next time its the law and a fine or animal control-

Be neighborly and buy their dog a new collar...just forget to mention it's a shock collar for the invisible fence you just installed.

Back