• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Leaking from Neutral Safety Switch

Havok1

I removed my Neutral Safety Switch about a week ago to replace it. I crawled back under the car today to put the new one on, and there is a decent size puddle of tranny fluid. I can see it dripping from where the NSS bolts onto the tranny. Should it leak like this when the NSS is off? Will it stop or at least slow considerably when I put the new NSS on? I know there are lots of seals and gaskets that need to be replaced, and that will happen soon enough when I pull the car apart over the winter. Thanks.

Info:
'66 coupe. 200ci Inline 6 with C4 Auto

Is this the small O-ring at the end of the selector shaft that you can see when you remove the NSS? Pretty common spot to leak.

I think that's it Craig. I cleaned off the area a little and it appears there is possible an o-ring there. I'm off tomorrow so I can get a better look at it then.

Yep, it was an o-ring on the selector shaft and I was able to pop it back in. No more Leaky! Mucho props for the help all. ~thu

Back