• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Let’s support this place

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So last week was concerning, Stangfix was absent. Non-existent. Kaput. Nada. Bupkis. Either that or I was banned again and again and again.

As with any forum there are bills to pay and well I guess they weren’t. That being said. I really suggest that we all hit that donate icon to the right and help this place out. Now we may not be a big forum but I feel it’s worth keeping going ala JohnPro did when the ol’VMF was ignored years ago.

Over the years I have learned so much from others here and the ol’VMF. I have made lifelong friends, lost friends, been to weddings, funerals, watched new kids come along and traveled the world meeting some of you.

I suggest we give a little support back (or a lot).

KBMWRS

More than willing to do my share. When the site went dark it jogged my brain about donations and to honest, I couldn't remember if I had pitched in yet this year. I am an idiot when it comes to lots of things one being cost to keep this place running. Anyone know the annual tab? I'd ask the owner but I haven't seen a post from him in years. Not sure he even pays attention anymore.

I just donated and it paid WickedStangs Performance Shop. I looked them up and they sell decals...with a web page that does not function. I then found a WickedStangs.com forum just like this one. But it seems no one has visited there in quite a while. I newbee signed up...as did I, so I will check that place out.

I want to say our owners name is Emilio. Years ago when he took over he posted once and a while and even played in our StangFix fantasy football league. Good dude. FWIW, I just donated $25 and pretty sure I did the same earlier this year. Try to remember to do it every so often. Small price to pay to get to witness and participate in all the elder abuse of {.} around here.

Last edited:
When it went dark we started researching the owner of the site, and even reached out to him directly via a different avenue. Unfortunately there was no response. I was going to see what it would take to get it going again or even take it off his hands. I think an active member would be a better administrator of the site.

Just so you are aware, this situation is not uncommon. 69Stang has an owner who for lack of a better term, is like an absentee landlord. The site goes down one or more times a year and he doesn't always notice. A few months back it was down for an extended period of time and the moderators had no idea how to contact the owner. I asked my son if he could track down the owner and without too much trouble he found him. I relayed the contact information to the moderators and they contacted him. He corrected the problem, but the site is currently down again. The people who own these little forums do us a great service. They know how to program a website and keep it running, and do it for just the cost of hosting. If it had to be run by a business it is highly doubtful that a small site like this could pull in enough donations to justify its existence. So three cheers for Emilio.

I reached out to Emilio and he got back to me last night. While he is the god like being who breathes life into the Fix in reality he is just a guy who has a family and a life and deals with the daily obligations like any of us mere mortals. Timing as it were when the site hit the recent bump his focus was abnormally in another area. Once he realized the issue we saw him get the lights switched right back on. Kudos to him for that.

I asked if he would share the costs to maintain the site and he obliged. I'm not going to share all the detail here as I did not yet get confirmation from him to reveal the actual individual costs and specifics. I can, however, say that it is more than I would have thought but then again I know nothing about website operation, etc. My takeaway was that the $25 I throw his way a couple times here and there is probably shy of what I as a long timer and frequent user of the site should be sending in support. I am publicly pledging here to make that contribution a quarterly contribution. I'd add to that if the majority of the other guys who dwell here were to follow suit we would cover the financial portion of the real costs to keep the Fix going.

OK so I've got this straight when I go to donate it says it goes to wickedstangs performance shop and this is the correct place????

Spoke too soon, I tried 2 different cards twice each and " your card issuer declined the transaction" so I will have to look at another plan.
Strange as I'm about to order parts from Rockauto and I know it will work there.

Back