• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Long weekend

RustyRed

It was a long weekend (especially for my kiddo that catches) but the boys took second place in their tournament this past weekend.

Both did well...Jeff pitched almost the max he is allowed to by the rules and threw over 80% strikes with one walk the entire weekend. We were looking at an inning from Sunday last night where he threw 8 pitches to 5 batters and they got three outs. He doesn't throw many strike outs but the way he throws causes kids to ground out or hit a pop up for an easy out. :shrug

Poor Ben had to catch two games on Saturday and four games on Sunday....need to talk to the coach about getting another catcher trained to let him get out from behind the plate to pitch or play 3rd base on occasion.

Good for them. A few years back my son retired three batter on three pitches, two of them were hit right back to him and he threw them out at first, the third was hit to SS.

"Fast68back" said:
Good for them. A few years back my son retired three batter on three pitches, two of them were hit right back to him and he threw them out at first, the third was hit to SS.

Jeff had one of those this weekend.

My heart always skips a beat when they hit it hard right back at him but he caught it for the out and darn near almost got the kid on first who didn't tag up.

Jeff got on base this weekend by slamming a line drive back at the pitcher and hit him in the knee pretty hard. Hate to see that happen even when it's my kid swinging the bat for a single but the kid was fine...after a minute and a few practice pitches he shook it off and went back to pitching.

We did have one kid on another team get ejected from the game for trying to run Ben over at home plate...I wasn't so happy about that one especially when the kid's idiot father tried to argue with blue about throwing his little punk out of the game.

Back