• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what I did last night part 2

Did my rear seat (sport seats for 70) but I'm REALLY struggling with the fronts.

Do you have any suggestions? Mine will be slightly different than yours, being high back buckets, but I'm having a HELL of a time making it work over the seat foams, and I left the upholstery in the dryer for like an hour. Still a pain in the dick just to get it on where it should be.

Probably not much help, the '68 have the cardboard piece on the back, so they do not have to slip over the foam, the backs are a lot like the bottoms. Got a deep freezer? You could try putting the cushions in there and see if they shrink up a little bit...

My old interior shop that I used in Az. had a good way. He put plastic bags over the foam in a manner so they could be removed once done. Then slid the covers on and positioned as needed. Hold the cover in place and remove the bag. I watched him and even did some myself and it works good.

"AzPete" said:
My old interior shop that I used in Az. had a good way. He put plastic bags over the foam in a manner so they could be removed once done. Then slid the covers on and positioned as needed. Hold the cover in place and remove the bag. I watched him and even did some myself and it works good.

That's an EXCELLENT method, but between the cushions and the bolsters is not listing wires, there is like HD Velcro, that holds it down to hold it's shape... a buddy of mine worked doing upholstery in the Wixom MI Ford plant for 25 years, I'm going over there tomorrow to see if he can help. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Looks great! I remember reupholstering my seats in my kitchen in the middle of winter...good times, good times. :D

Back