• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looking for a future project

Dne'

Howdy y'all! I bought a center console for my '67, I think it was from a cougar, but it fits, but unsure of how the shifter works with it. It's in very good condition, but
the people sellling it have this '67 shelby clone vert. They're asking 6500, but after looking at it, it wasn't in the greatest shape. So what would a shebly vert clone go for? I'm just kind of looking,but not looking for a future project, and a vert sounds interesting. I was in kind of a hurry when looking at it, but they have a motor, but I didn't get to see it, but I would probably be certain that it's trash.
dne'

IMG_8194.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8198.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be a 67, but that car has 68 Shelby hood and nose clip.
Verts tend to be rusty so that's the difference between a deal and no deal.
If it's solid, I'd say that's a very good deal.

6500 for a vert thats mostly complete sounds pretty good. if thats where they are starting, they will knock some money off im sure.

Looks like they cut the floor reinforcement out with an axe. Do they have that?
IMG_8198.jpg

Offer them 5k cash and see what they say. If they say yes do it. Are the floors welded in properly?

just thinking here

Let's see what I can remember. The full length floor pans were not welded in, and just as well, the new floor pans were too rusty. I'm not too worried about the floor too much. It's the unknowns that worry me! The right front frame rail, just behind the bumper brackets was rusted through, but fixable right? The floor re-enforcent was hangingI could only see the drivers side, and looked very rusty. The passenger door was off, but he said it was intact.
It does not have the Shelby tail lights, still has the regular Mustang lights. I think it may be the original gas tank, but gas tanks are relatively cheap.

The thing going for me, I'm not in a hurry on this one. I still have plenty to do! lol However, I may go back over there for a more intense look, even bring my lightweight floorjack! Then, make a lower offer, of say 4500? I could put this project up at our lakehome, then have a project up there! Then beg Gary for that lift we've been talking about!
I'll keep ya'll informed. Maybe if one of my Houston pals would like to ride with me to take a look? The car is on the East side of Houston, about 25 minutes from our home.

Maybe if one of my Houston pals would like to ride with me to take a look?

Is that one of those wink wink nod nod deals?

Where on the east side?

; )

he he! It's a little bit before Wayside off of I-10. I hit it lucky yesterday cause traffic was minimal and arrived there in about 25 minutes from my home(kirkwood and memorial). The lady that was my translator told me that had it on Ebay, the price had gotten up to 6100.oo(they should have taken it!), but now they prefer to sell it locally if possible. I cannot imagine buying something like this without a visual inspection! However, as I was walking off, she said they would take 6000.oo(like I got all excited! :dumas). Well, if you or anyone else should want to take a look with me, I think it would be fun!

"Sluggo" said:
Maybe if one of my Houston pals would like to ride with me to take a look?

Is that one of those wink wink nod nod deals?

Where on the east side?

Well, I have no day in particular to go back out there. It would be to whomsoever's convienience that might like to go with me to see it. You never know how bad something looks until you start showing the photos to "other" people! BUt that's also how my present mustang looked~ HORRIBLE! lol I showed my brother the photos, "you've got to be kidding!" he says! Sluggo, if you have some time, let me know your schedule, I'll work it around you!
dne'

"Sluggo" said:
When are you thinking about going?

Re: it could look like these!

0925RedMustangWhtTop.jpg

Damn Dne....fast work!
Hey if you end up getting it, I've got the 68 rear panel on mine that I will be changing out for a 67 at some point.

78_03_12_08_12_19_08_3.jpg

Talk me out of this idea!

Here's a better writeup on this Mustang. I wouldn't dare take my husband to look at it! It's like when I bought the Mustang I have now~ but it was ONLY 1300.oo! lol I don't think it's appropriate to say what we've put into our stangs as "INVESTMENT" unless you bought your stang and new how to make money off of it! I think it's more the challenge of doing it, making it run, etc. and then pleased with our accomplishment despite

Now, I can look at this Mustang:
metal repair
re-overhaul motor,
I Have a fresh C4!!
I have a reconditioned factory Power steering setup!
Media blast(maybe this time)
Interior: Steering wheel,dash, seats, carpet, new bezels,, etc. stereo
Paint,
and the list goes on!

I think I'll just keep working on my '67 and when i'm done, I'll look for my next project then!

Kind of like that movie, "Wargames" I'm learning! :dumas I have plenty to do! I don't need any more projects!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1281521745.html

Sluggo being the exception of course, for me one or two project cars, or enthusiast cars that I modify, are about all I have time for with work and a family.

I just passed on a helluva deal on a nice 79 Pace Car that mainly just needs an engine.
I reallllly had to work hard to resist that one.
Hopefully a friend of mine is buying it so I can at least enjoy it vicariously thru him.

Well at least you've made the decision, so it's not going to be gnawing at you about what to do.

Considering the structural rigidity that a vert needs that thing has most of it cut out and what's left seems to be thinning fast.
Although that heater hole from the engine bay to the interior is pretty trick. :yikes

Thank goodness!

I'm happy to say, someone else bought it! :pep I didn't need another project anyway, just fun to look! Now I can sleep at night!

Back