• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looking for shotgun mods and came across these.

Gigantopithecus

I've got an older 20ga Remington 870 that I'm looking to fix up for a home defense boomstick. I used it for deer hunting back in the stone age..at least it feels like that far back. So I was thinking on a collapsible stock with pistol grip, handguard with rail, rial mount light, and a shorter barrel since the 26in is like swinging a tree trunk around corners.
Any opinions on these?

Oh, and I came across these gems while goofing off on google.
http://ww2.zombieinitiative.org/ Zombies....seriously. But I dig the survival stuff, pretty decent info.

And then this....I never knew this existed.
sopmod_m4_masterkey_01.jpg

I've personally never been a big fan of pistol grip shot guns. They don't call them wrist breakers for nothing.

For home defense, I have a .357 with a 2" barrel. Works out nice because with the ammo shortages I can also run .38's down it in a pinch.

When I bought the gun, being a snub nose I wasn't sure what the recoil was going to be. However, it really isn't bad at all even when you are shooting .357 hollow points.

Only thing that I need to work on now is getting my CHL.

Get the mossberg 8 shot 12 ga. It comes with standard stock or pistol grip. Remove bolt and change. Barrel is slightly longer than tube and they're a little over $300. Pistol grip is not bad as long as you keep some forward pressure while shooting. I've shot mine one handed just for shits and giggles and the worst part was keeping it held up. Now, the S&W 500 will limpwrist you after going through a couple cylinders.

I'll look into the Mossberg. I'd still like to get a different stock for the 20ga though. The wife can barely shoot the thing and needs to reach a bit.
I've already got my .357 the way I want. I changed the wood grip with a more comfortable one, but don't have a pic yet.
27_06_07_09_12_41_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the weapon of choice for a 'real man'

h01-clenched-fist-kungfu-master.jpg

But in all seriousness....I make sure to train in hand to hand because there have been too many cases of folks getting killed with their own weapons. Some of these thugs can cover ground a lot faster than you think and a friend who is a multi-degree black belt in several different art forms told me one time that when he trains law enforcement he teaches them that when a thug is within 15 yards it's very likely too late to get a weapon out and better be able to kick some ass old school at that point.

Hand to hand is covered. I'm the son of a 6th degree black belt in shotokan. Been doing that stuff since I was little. Not to mention he teaches the Columbus, MS police Dept self defense.

Mid, you're too old to pull that thing back. Don't hurt yourself.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
Mid, you're too old to pull that thing back. Don't hurt yourself.

You did notice, didn't you, that it ain't pulled back? All I need to do is to show the English Long Bow and everyone runs away........laughing!

"Fast68back" said:
In your friar tuck costume?

Well don't you have such a costume to wear around the house after work :rofl

No seriously, the picture is just some random picture I pulled off the net.

The hand to hand though is one element some folks don't get. My Mom has a .38 and a CHL...thinks she's dirty Harry or something. But I keep telling her I could take it from her before she ever even thought about pulling the trigger.

Nice piece of equipment there. Even has what appears to be instructions for proper use on the back of the stock. Cool

Nice firm stock too, the kind you can really hang on to.

:2guns thats awesome, if only they cost the same as barbies, it would be great. Those tactical weapons are so damned expensive

Back