• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Member Tags are here. First test........

Sluggo

Before we get to the pics, big thanks to Ryan (rsalway) for his participation. The vendor would not deal with me direct so he used his business to make it happen for us.
He also suggested the company in the first place. Good Job Ryan and thanks a million!

The original plan was to imprint them from the back but they come adhesive backed already and when you apply it and try to burnish it to get any air out you would crush the imprint.
They are thin enough to conform to curved surfaces but thick enough to hold the imprint.

I know I offered some up in contests and those members will get the first 3 official tags. Bobv and flysure.

Ok here's the first prototype out of the typewriter, still in the jig. There is a typo under the first 0 in the date code.
printed.jpg

Here it is installed after knocking out the fake rivet centers with a leather punch.
installed.jpg

installed2.jpg

unwashed.jpg

Here it is doing the optional (as in if you decide to) black washing the imprint with Marks-a-lot.
marked.jpg

Here is the only solvent I can guarantee will not ruin the tag.
solvent.jpg

Here it is after a quick wash. Probably wiped off a little too soon. Washing prior to install may give a better result.
I will experiment more with this process.
done.jpg

I will test a couple more today and post pics when done. I'm sure they will get more uniform as I streamline the process.
Punching and washing will be left to the end user.

Whatcha think? Sould I turn on the order form? I'm thinking they should be numbered as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I like them and yes you should turn on the order form and numbered not necessary, we have a member number on them.

Mel

"Sluggo" said:
Second prototype X001 is printed and under going testing. Stay tuned.

Good god man! Whatever you do DO NOT discard ANY of the "errors", especially during the prototype phase.

40 years from now there could be restoration books debating "how many" were lost during pre-production. Play it safe, don't lose any of them! I have a safe deposit box if you need someplace to store them.

They look great Sluggo and I'm sure you'll be ordering another 1500 before you know it. I need to get some money into my paypal account ASAP!

So who has stickers? Yeah, WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midlife,

Are you recording this for posterity?

I've got prototype sticker #1 being used on.....

Mr. Randy Tallion's 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe (white) placed vertically on the drivers side door jamb on 10 January 2010 at approx. 1500 hours EST with one typographical error in the member since data field. Subject prototype sticker was then subjected to a field test to demonstrate the ability to highlight the typed areas with a product called "Marks a lot" and wiped down with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. Results of said test were positive.

There are reports of a prototype sticker #2, but as of yet there is no other information on this sticker.

I have NO EXPERIENCE being an official recorder/historian! I hope I'm not screwing this up!

The results of "washing' the numbers prior to burnishing are beyond expectations, nearly "chubby" inducing.

Prototype X001 as installed in test subject 9R02M176019.

prototypeX001-04.jpg

prototypeX001-01.jpg

prototypeX001-02.jpg

prototypeX001-03.jpg

prototypeX001-05.jpg

Should I turn on the link?

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
Midlife,

Are you recording this for posterity?

I've got prototype sticker #1 being used on.....

Mr. Randy [glow=red,2,300]Tallion's[/glow] 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe (white) placed vertically on the drivers side door jamb on 10 January 2010 at approx. 1500 hours EST with one typographical error in the member since data field. Subject prototype sticker was then subjected to a field test to demonstrate the ability to highlight the typed areas with a product called "Marks a lot" and wiped down with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. Results of said test were positive.

There are reports of a prototype sticker #2, but as of yet there is no other information on this sticker.

I have NO EXPERIENCE being an official recorder/historian! I hope I'm not screwing this up!

A good historian would research the spelling of one's name with a little less haste in light of the importance of this moment.

I'll be putting some cash into my paypal bank account tomorrow and ordering tomorrow evening.

The sticker came out so good that I'm not sure if I want to hide it in the door jamb/under hood..... I might try putting it on the tailpanel of my car.....

How well do you think it would adhere to the material of a sun-visor?

Can we get another prototype test for this mounting surface?

Dave, my plan (Take it or leave it) is to get some of that magnetic sign material like BeachPony used to make the dash plaques from MBBII, and mount one of my stickers onto that. Then I can throw it up on my dash, or move it somewhere else should the need arise. I might get another just to sticker onto the shock tower...that just looks good!

Steve

I like the magnetic backing idea. I will order one but have no pay pal account and never will. How do you want payment?

It appears that there are two tags now in existance: one on a Tahoe door, and another on a :gobp shock tower. I'm bringing in the deceased Lois Emminger for help on this!

Pete:
I can order one for you with my PayPal, and you can reimburse me at the standard Bank of Midlife rate.

I thought the Tahoe was good, I like the shock tower. I do like the magnetic material idea! I am thinking...hmmm...May need a few for all the cars!

Paypal needs an infusion of cash.

Mel

Back