• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Metal garage cost?

Fst Blk

What's the average price of metal panels? I'm looking at a new house and just wondering what kind of cost I'm going to be looking at to build a small workshop.

l8499c643-m23x.jpg

I thought at first to finish the carport area at first by boxing it in. Then after we looked at the place again, I decided that it would be better to actually build what I want instead of doing it quick. I plan to remove the carport area and build at least a 25x25 where it is tying it into the existing building with opposed roofs and making the new building taller. I would do it slow, pouring a pad which I should be able to do for less than a grand. Then frame it up and use prefabbed trusses. Then match it to the current building using red metal for the sides and black for the roof. I know the door will be around 600-700 for a 16x9 door. What would my framing and metal cost look like. I would probably add a window or two and a side door.

Of course, this is all depending on whether we actually follow through and buy this after the first of the year. I've already made it a stipulation that if we buy this place that I will have to build what I want because we wouldn't have room for all the tools and stuff in my garage without it. We could stor it in the attached garage for the time, but.

So, help me price this guys. I will do all the work with the help of a few buddies so, labor cost is not a problem. I'm looking strictly at material cost.

Thanks guys.

Bill