• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

modifying side window

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
anybody know a method to altern a side window of a coupe to one of a fastback.
a tutorial would be nice.

I think cutting the window would be hard plus you then need the stainless trim. There is also a company out there that sells a kit that has a window that gets rid of the vent window.

Stainless trim is not the problem.
I have a 68 coupe with tinted windows all around.
The fastback I bought has tinted windows too except those from the doors.
the vent windows are tinted too.

Bruno don't quote me on this, but due to the more swept back profile of the fastback side windows, I don't think there's enough glass at the back to cut a coupe window into a fastback window.

Bruno don't quote me on this, but due to the more swept back profile of the fastback side windows, I don't think there's enough glass at the back to cut a coupe window into a fastback window.
that's what I was thinking too. I have a 65 fastback door glass and a coupe. I will try to compare them.

Definitely different... besides that I don't think you can cut tempered glass.

When I did my coupe to fastback conversion I put in new tinted door glass that I got from PS auto glass http://www.psautoglass.com/ . They had the best price by a far. On glass did arrive with a slight scratch that they promptly replaced without issue.

Back