• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Monte Carlo Bar or TCP Brace

Are you installing in a '65-66? Different years may have different engine bay measurements.

Structural engineering is a tough field to be in... very stressful and business management is necessary to be wealthy.

EDIT: At my current job, I'm doing inspections full-time, which sucks. I'm studying now for the GC. After that, I'll concentrate on SE.

No this is for a 70 but all parts stores show that these bars fit 65-70 cars so they must all be the same width.

Yeah it's definitely a tough field, especially right now. Pretty cut-throat as far as marketing and maintaining clients. 75% of my job is bridge engineering, with 15% marketing and the rest the occasional building or miscellaneous design. Good luck with the exams. The PE is a walk in the park compared to the SE!

to spread the shock towers, I will try using a bottle jack and some 2x4s. If that doesn't work, I'll rent a port-o-power (portable hydraulic ram).

"hivewax" said:
That would be 42.25 - 41.50 = 0.75"

Interesting, that's exactly how far mine is off. I wonder if these Monte Carlo bars are 3/4" too long? Can anyone else confirm their length that has one already installed that DIDN'T need to jack their shock towers apart? My 1 piece export brace fits with a little pursuation of the bolts, so jacking the towers apart 3/4" will screw with the fit of the export brace. This is exactly why I haven't installed mine yet!

Just went and measured mine, std straight bar;

40 1/4" from fender to fender right in front of the bar.

I am using the bar from Street or Track but had to make some modifications to clear the blower tube. It also allowed me to clear the EFI dizzy.
IMGP1949.jpg

IMGP1951.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotty at Cobra Auto recommended modifying the Monte Carlo bar to fit... O.75" to 1" is just going to open another "can of worms", I was told. Advice?

Nice of Scotty to specify what is included in the "can of worms". Spreading the tower apart will affect your alignment, fitment of the export brace, and the fender and hood alignment/gaps. That's all that I can think of that would be affected.

Back