• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More comical video for your perusal.

A

Anonymous

A bunch of us went to the lake today (and braved the crazy toobers), this is just a short clip of one of my, errrr...skillful wakeboarding lessons. You'll notice the grace and poise as I show how to ride :dumas

Although I grew up on the water and have barefooted, jumped and slalomed (among other crazy and ridiculous things), this is only my 3rd time out on a wakeboard....and man, does it show.

Markwakeboardfaceplant0909

Mark, side edge pushes against the water. It's not supposed to get pulled by the water. I've never barefoot but I've slalomed and it was tough. Jumping.....you're freakin' crazy. Worst plant I ever took was riding a hydroslide (called a kneeboard these days) through some serious figure 8s when the nose decided to go into the wake first. Damn near killed me. I'd love to try wakeboarding.

i dont know what was funnier, that you went in face first, or that your ears kept your head a float! :rofl.

Seriously... Pretty cool Mark i would love to try that.

"blue65coupe" said:
Mark, side edge pushes against the water. It's not supposed to get pulled by the water. I've never barefoot but I've slalomed and it was tough. Jumping.....you're freakin' crazy. Worst plant I ever took was riding a hydroslide (called a kneeboard these days) through some serious figure 8s when the nose decided to go into the wake first. Damn near killed me. I'd love to try wakeboarding.

Ahhh, the hydroslide, I remember it well and my ankles remember it ever better! That is why I won't (can't) ride a kneeboard anymore.

Come on out and I'll tow you ass on a wakeboard.

Here's one of my brother trying to do a flip today. He could do them 20 years ago, but not so much now! Still funny though.

Dougwakeboard360

"lethal289" said:
i dont know what was funnier, that you went in face first, or that your ears kept your head a float! :rofl.

Seriously... Pretty cool Mark i would love to try that.

Sadly, the ears don't add ballast...only wind resistance!

It had been almost 20 years (gawd where did it go?) since we had all been skiing. Got my nephew interested this year and he's been having a blast. Have had a couple friends come out with their kids and have taught 8 kids to ski so far. It's a hoot to see those smiles when it finally clicks and they are up on the water!

If I ever get out to BFE again I'll let you know. If I tried to climb on a kneeboard I think my ankles and knees would just leave my body. It aches just thinking about it. I kept the 'ole bullfrog just in case we ever get a good enough snow to pull it behind the four-wheeler.

Damn Mark! Pretty good for an ole bastid! That looks like a lot of fun. Yeah, I'm sittin at the putt-putt workin, and your out havin all that fun. Something wrong with that picture. Dammit!

I tried watching the vid twice, but the glare from your white arse chicken legs kept blinding me.... sorry brudah.

I don't know, Mark. That looks like a lot of fun. Just a few aches and pains, maybe, but a lot of fun. And a good show for the rest of us! :dumas

"70_Fastback" said:
I tried watching the vid twice, but the glare from your white arse chicken legs kept blinding me.... sorry brudah.

Where's the luv???

:bird

I have skiied in the past...very rare and gave done the one ski once.
So is there a big difference in the wake board versus a one ski?

Big difference, IMO the wakeboard is much easier to get up. It's wider which displaces the weight better so balance is not quite as critical. Slalom is much more taxing on the body and I'm much more serious on 1 or 2 skis. I just play around when I get on the wakeboard, it's so much more forgiving. The wakeboard is not so dependent on smooth water either, you can ride it in rough water as long as it's not white capping.

What's killing me is that I'm dying to get back on my feet, but just can't seem to catch the smooth water out here, the wind rarely stops blowing and it doesn't take much to whip the lake into a white cap froth!

Man, that sure brings back good memories. Some 20 years ago, I used to ski NCAA for the University of Texas Water Ski Team. From what I hear today, almost all the kids are wake boarding. I'd sure give it a try, but I bet my 44 year old muscles would be screaming at me for days after getting back on the water.

Thanks for sharing!

lol, nice Mark.

I suck at wakeboarding. I can get up on the water and move around slowly, but that's about it. I can ski great, but any time you tie both of my feet together, it's a recipe for disaster. Wakeboarding and snowboarding are not my strong suits.

Back