• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More ice and snow...Yippeeeeeee

At least it's a super dry powder blowing around! I was just outside with the dog, pretty dang cold out there. The wind is brutal.

"silverblueBP" said:
I was just outside with the dog, pretty dang cold out there. The wind is brutal.

Yeah, I saw that. Ya mean bastid...

index.php

Attachments

• 167201_193754893984022_100000485380546_699891_5206057_n.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 57
We had about 4 inches last night. The forcast for tonight is for freezing drizzle up to 1/2 inch. I am going to fill up on kerosene before I head to work at 4 pm just in case we loose power and heat. Oh, and my survival kit. (beer) :beer

"silverblueBP" said:
and the never ending plow duty in the future.

So you managed to keep the plow's motor running unlike certain other motors?

It got really cold here this morning with some rain before the temp dropped.

They are sanding the stairs in the park outside my office window and I am thrilled that I have to go downtown tomorrow for a 10 a.m. meeting, not! I don't think it will be icy though. Friday it's going to be cold with rain / snow in the forecast though.

"blue65coupe" said:
Combine that with Egypt and rainbow farting unicorns and gas will be $10/gallon by week's end. Nice.

Stay safe.
Egypt%2BUnrest%2B%2BJan%2B29%2B2011%2BDTN%2BNEWS%2B%2B-%2B1.jpg

Unicorn-poop.jpg

high-gas-prices-overshoot.jpg

almost there...

here in KY it is 55 degrees but a change is coming!

"silverblueBP" said:
Hope you're in a safe place Steve, that storm looks really nasty!

Yeah, he'd better batten down the hatches!

"AzPete" said:
C.....just hold the dog and watch the snow......

If it gets super cold, you'll need 3 dogs (hence the phrase "three dog night") :)

Well Mark, it looks like you might be safe this time...

Jeremy, Skip & myself, however, are in the dark blue...
168731_501368466484_581326484_6719586_6412169_n.jpg

"RustyRed" said:
So you managed to keep the plow's motor running unlike certain other motors?

Never sees track duty.

Wait. Neither does the Mustang.

Never mind.

Hard to believe, but the tractor has never failed to start in the 15 years that I've had it!

Farkin got stuck on my road into the sub-division. Mother humper...

Then shoveled and shoveled for almost 2.5 hours. Then my lazy fat f*ck neighbor waddled out and blew of his little drive with his snow blower while the 3 other neighbors were shoveling. Then he went back in. If I had a snower blower I would be helping each neighbor out. :eek:dd

Fat lazy bastid. :char

I just came in from an hour of shoveling. I give up, my ass is kicked. :nut
I did the sidewalk, porch and maybe 1/4 of the driveway. A "normal" 6" snowfall, I'd be DONE shoveling the full 3 car driveway by now.

Snow is drifted on my south-facing sidewalk/front door close to 3 feet deep. Solid.
The driveway is over 2 feet deep by the doors, and tapered down to only 18" about halfway down. I'm sure a snowplow will be by tonight - could end up 3-4 feet deep down by the curb. I didn't get within 20' of it tonight.

The back of my house faces north. The back patio is clear - not a flake of snow on it. Wind is howling.

I take great pride in living the furthest from work, and being there to take employee phone calls when they can't make it in...
I have NEVER gone into work late from a snow. Tomorrow may be an exception. :no

"BobV" said:
I have NEVER gone into work late from a snow. Tomorrow may be an exception. :no

Blame it on the alarm not working due to power outage.....

Hey Pete... we have these things called batteries....

I realize you think they are just for pace makers... but they CAN be used for other things too. :nut

I know......just trying to help keep his record......

Been there and done that with the snow......don't wish it on anyone.

"70_Fastback" said:
Farkin got stuck on my road into the sub-division. Mother humper...

Then shoveled and shoveled for almost 2.5 hours. Then my lazy fat f*ck neighbor waddled out and blew of his little drive with his snow blower while the 3 other neighbors were shoveling. Then he went back in. If I had a snower blower I would be helping each neighbor out. :eek:dd

Fat lazy bastid. :char

Man, this snow thing really sounds like a lot of work. :shrug

And here I was pissed today that the temp didn't reach the expected 70 so I can air out the boss. But somehow, I dealt with it at 69degrees:

4-010211184910.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd take the Fucos with the newest studded tires out to get the mail just before dark. I made it 3 feet outside the garage and that was it. The snow was piled so high the car bottomed out. Had to really work at it to free it up just to back it right back into the garage! I said F it and will fire up the tractor tomorrow if the wind stops blowing.

Anybody wanna come shovel my drive? It's only a 1/4 mile long. Winds out of the north and the drive runs east-west.......do the math. Man I love winter.

Just made the decision via conference call to close our company for the day tomorrow. Never happened before. :wth

Looks like I'll have all day to shovel out.

Back