• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Morning RANT.....

"apollard" said:
BTDT. Only it's Germany, France, Scotland, Brazil. The key to those conversations: the Germans are always right. First, they are Germans, second, they own the company (the Swiss just think they own it).

On the OP: I'd go the internet ordering route.

Little known secret....accuse the German of over engineering the solution and then sit back and laugh for the next 20 minutes as they talk in painfully intracate detail about all the things they had to take into account to prove to you that they didn't over engineer it. When finished ask them the if they investigated the likelyhood of usecase 'x' actually occuring and if they thought something that might occur .01% of the time and result in a negative sale losing approximately 10,000 euro annually was worth the million euros to take it into account? :bowdown

I love using that one all the time :) And then they start down the 'brand damanging, can't quantify the long term costs diatribes" :part

"dodgestang" said:
Little known secret....accuse the German of over engineering the solution and then sit back and laugh for the next 20 minutes as they talk in painfully intracate detail about all the things they had to take into account to prove to you that they didn't over engineer it. When finished ask them the if they investigated the likelyhood of usecase 'x' actually occuring and if they thought something that might occur .01% of the time and result in a negative sale losing approximately 10,000 euro annually was worth the million euros to take it into account? :bowdown

I love using that one all the time :) And then they start down the 'brand damanging, can't quantify the long term costs diatribes" :part

No chit. We engineered a process, and they came to review it. When they left, it was 25% higher cost. I spent the next two weeks doing quantitative risk anaylsis, cutting the .01% chances. :guns

After that, it was cheaper then our orignal estimate.

Re: Re: Morning RANT.....

"AzPete" said:
....sounds like Mississippi might be the hard one to understand.....lol

Probably, but I'm the one who always ends up fixing the problem. So I could give two shits what they think.

Back