• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Motor Mount Question

DEL65

Of The Morons
I should have my 289 long block back in a few weeks. Meanwhile, I'm starting to make a list of the 'while I'm at it' parts I need to replace. My 289 will be rated about 300 hp.

It seems my motor mount choices are stock, urethane, or one of each. Is there any reason why I should use something other than stock. I've been told that a urethane on the left side and a stock rubber on the right is a good balance between strength and vibration. Is that overkill?

I've seen viberation issues occur when mixing mounts. Even the tranny mount needs to be the same material as the motor mounts. If you go poly then use all poly, if rubber then all rubber. Unless you have a more than stock HP engine, the originals will be just fine.

Agreed. With 300 hp, unless you have really sticky tires and are dropping the clutch alot, stock will hold up well. Heck, if you're doing the above, something other than the mounts will give first :skul

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll get stock mounts and put the extra $ toward something else.

Back