• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Must See Photos from WWII

Very moving images.

Did anybody catch the WWII in HD series on the History Channel? Amazing footage, very moving.

Good pics for sure. Had not seen them since I worked in audio-visual for the Air Force.

Great pics for sure.

I've been to Pearl Harbor and been on Ford Island. There is a feeling comes over you standing there...especially over the Arizona. Also saw bullet holes still in the walls.

Been on the Missouri too where the surrender was signed (when it was in SanFran).

There was a special also on History channel about the 8th Air Force. They noted more airman were killed in the 8th than all the Marines in the Pacific theater. That's a some info I didn't know.

I have had the pleasure of spending the night on the USS Missouri in the summer of 2008 with my son's Boy Scout Troop. They got to retire and raise the colors on the fantail and my son also had an Eagle Scout Court of Honor on the fantail. We also got a private tour of the Pacific Aviation Museum that now occupies hangars on Ford Island.

In getting on Ford Island, we also got to see the USS Utah Memorial on the other side of the island that is not accessible unless you have a Military ID.

I also have been to the Dachau concentration camp in Bavaria. Next spring I plan on seeing Normandy.

Lest we never forget those times...

Back